Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
Age makes it harder, a heavier person makes it harder, a shorter person makes it harder. One solution does not fit all. How could someone sell motorcycles and only be engaging in those 6', young and fit. All shapes and sizes buy motorcycles. Typically those with more expensive bikes are not in their 20's & 30's, and riding crotch rockets & trail bikes. Still each has to learn a method to protect his investment or someone else's. I am 5'7 and their are some bikes I look at and do not mount. When I raise my leg as high as I can it is not as high as someone 6' tall..... especially with a sciatic nerve.
At the ripe old age of 76 it is definitely more difficult to drag the "ole" foot across the seat..Only on occasion do I now scuff the driver seat as I pull my right up leg and over the seat with my right hand holding on to the bottom of my jeans for support..So far so good as getting older does not make life any easier, but beats the alternative in my opinion as I love riding the F6B...Ride safe