Here is my air filter. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here is my air filter.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I'm using the Whistler 9mm camera

https://www.amazon.com/Whistler-Wire.../dp/B009QYU07E

You can get a good, cheap remote inspection camera from Harbor Freight as well.
    That's a high tech looking item for sure.

I was an automotive technician for many years, and I had bought a ProVision 100. Maybe this could work.

Attachment 24028

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    That's a high tech looking item for sure.

I was an automotive technician for many years, and I had bought a ProVision 100. Maybe this could work.

Attachment 24028
    My rigid has a 3 ft length and then another 3 ft extension for a total of 6 ft. Mine is bigger.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    My rigid has a 3 ft length and then another 3 ft extension for a total of 6 ft. Mine is bigger.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    I could not resist. Darn that 12 year old that lives in my brain.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Kind of sensed that it was a joke Opas....

But anyway.... who in the hell is going to spend extra money into installing (and subsequent cleaning)of a washable, cleanable air filter in a F6B's innards when cheaper paper filter elements are proven to do a better job at filtering?

K&N's are cool when you can SEE them. Not so cool when they're buried. I only use K&N's for the aesthetic factor.
    Maybe so, but show me some PROOF, that paper filters are better at filtering....I have not seen any so far....Not really a big issue anyhow as many more things are much more important in today's world....Regards and ride safe....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Maybe so, but show me some PROOF, that paper filters are better at filtering....I have not seen any so far....Not really a big issue anyhow as many more things are much more important in today's world....Regards and ride safe....
    Opas... the "proof" is out there... for Keerists sake yer a retired old fart and I am sure that you could find the time to explore, research, and kind of answer yer own question.

Not to say that I am getting ready to retire myself and plan to trundle around. Will you meet me for a beer (or more) in the coming year?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Opas... the "proof" is out there... for Keerists sake yer a retired old fart and I am sure that you could find the time to explore, research, and kind of answer yer own question.

Not to say that I am getting ready to retire myself and plan to trundle around. Will you meet me for a beer (or more) in the coming year?
    Willtill, Absolutely , but I don't drink!!..Would love to share a cola or two anytime....I understand where your coming from and I do have the time to read a lot of useless data, but old habits are hard to change...In reality, I have no clue which is the better filter and have used K&N in my bikes and cars for years for whatever reason...No problems yet and I will probably use them until I "croak"...This is the first GW type motor I have used one in and only did so as the bike was apart for painting. As I only ride about 3500/ 4000 miles a year, I figure that by the time I have to change filters, I will either be riding another bike or nothing at all!!!....Regards and ride safe..

K&N Joke

Kind of sensed that it was a joke Opas....

But anyway.... who in the hell is going to spend extra money into installing (and subsequent cleaning)of a washable, cleanable air filter in a F6B's innards when cheaper paper filter elements are proven to do a better job at filtering?

K&N's are cool when you can SEE them. Not so cool when they're buried. I only use K&N's for the aesthetic factor.
    Yes, it was a joke. I'm a past K&N user as well. The washing and re-oiling was a real pain. It's so much easier to open the wrapper and have a clean, new filter ready to install.

I've known a few real K&N 'evangelists', and they tend to reject any evidence that shakes their faith in those filters. But like you said, there's plenty evidence showing that paper filters do a much better job. Just search on 'Spicer air filter test' and you'll find conclusive data showing precisely how much more dirt a K&N flows compared to paper filters. It's a LOT. That only makes sense: a filter CAPABLE of flowing air at a higher rate (even if the engine can't utilize the excess air) will need to be more porous, and more porosity will allow more, and larger, particles of dirt through.

There's plenty of anecdotal evidence as well. On the Valkyrie Forum website a member used to run K&N filters on every vehicle he owned. He bought one for his son's Harley as a birthday present. His son, a certified mechanic, oiled and installed it properly -- tight with no leaks. Three months later he opened it up and saw dirt lining the throttle body. No more K&N filters for that family!

Luckily our GL engines can last for hundreds of thousands of miles with minimal maintenance. So a K&N isn't going to destroy your engine. But it will let more dirt in, and that could accelerate the wear of some internal parts. As you said, the Honda filters cost less and filter better. They also can easily last 30,000 miles or more. Why bother with anything else?

Thanks for sharing the info, Jimmy. It gives us a good baseline on when to start dreading the process....Btw, after you were done, how many fasteners did you have left over? 😂
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!