Exhaust opinions - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust opinions

Did you pull all of the baffles out?
    2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black

You don't need to buy to get something black..I drilled 3 7/8" holes in both mufflers and cut out the cones in from the tips.......sound is reasonable and I haven't noticed any drop in gas mileageIMAG0019.jpg...oven and grill paint..less than $20 invested
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Sonny,

I only pulled one baffle in each.

Tin,

I had previously drilled two 3/4" holes but left the little exhaust extension thing. Didn't see the need to remove it since the slanted tip is open at the bottom anyway. Wasn't enough of a difference to make me happy.

Mike

I put the baffles back in this afternoon and went for a quick ride. It's tolerable at 60 now. Now sure how the kid will feel about it with a full face on, but we'll maybe see this weekend.

Mike

Kid said too much drone, so early plugs are a must. Fine. Pulled 4 baffles if I gotta wear plugs anyway!

I actually like how quiet the bike is with the stock pipes. All of the pirates around here have obnoxiously loud pipes, and I don't see how it can be comfortable to listen to on long rides. I've had quite a few people comment on how nice and quiet my bike is. Plus it makes it easier to hear the music.

It's all subjective. My shovel is loud with straight pipes, but I wear earplugs because of the wind noise, not the exhaust. My twink is real nice with 2.25" baffles, until you start pounding out miles at 75 and above, then earbuds are a must. The fairing cuts too much wind/road noise, and reflects the exhaust note. The wing isn't any different, except the cat they use is very bad about resonance. I can definitely see Torq Loopz in the future.

Mike

I think this bike has a more quality sound as it comes stock. I like being able to ease up then give them shock and awe as I did some poor child today. Him in his new camaro all black with a few small orange details on the wheels and such. I put his troaty rumble down about 4 spaces by second gear. I think I embarassed him with my quiet bike.

I really have not had any real desire to make my F6B louder. I honestly have not heard any of the GL1800s with various different exhaust sound as good as the 1500 Valkyrie. I have heard some decent ones, but not quite hit the mark as the 6 into 6. Just my opinion.

I have my Valkyrie with true 6 into 6 exhaust when I want the hot rod sound.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Exhaust note

I will agree that the stock F6B is pretty quiet, and refined. I purchased this bike after riding Harley Ultra's for 10 years. I added slip-ons to both Harley's, believing being heard is being seen. I don't have any evidence of such, but thought I might be less visible on my quiet F6B, so I started with Tri-Ovals, then migrated to Cobra 6-2-6. I'll admit I was a little concerned with what I perceived as a loud bike with the Cobra's. But, it's nothing compared to the fairly quiet Rinehart slip-ons on my last Harley. Drone? I think that's a matter of personal perception.