Tire purchase story
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire purchase story

Tire purchase story

Just a fairly quick post of my ordeal...yes, another one.
    Called my dealer to price tires and mounting. I know, do it yourself...I have multiple times and WANT to pay someone this time. Anyway, dealer talks me into Avon’s. Ok, heard of them, decide to go with them. Call him back, on hold, still on hold...he comes on the phone, we sold what we had and can’t them at this time. Sells me on something he can’t provide...wonderful. I go online, plenty of fronts, no rears. Try Bridgestones, same thing. Long story short, going with E4’s again. I say again because I had them before but for only 2,000 miles, due to getting in an accident. I do like the dual compound. Going to bring them there to be mounted. I guess I could have tried to wait, but my trip is approaching in about 4 weeks. Purchased from Rocky Mountain ATV, 499, tax included, free shipping. My Bridgestones that are on right now have 8,000 miles on them, but do have the flat area on the rear. Honestly could probably make the trip. The expense now is worth what I could be facing later.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Put a car tire on the back, and you wouldn't have to worry about it for the next 25,000 miles. Cheaper too.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Was Dennis Kirk out of the Bridge Stone’s also?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Put a car tire on the back, and you wouldn't have to worry about it for the next 25,000 miles. Cheaper too.
    I’m not for the use of car tires. Not getting into Will, been through this here before ��

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Was Dennis Kirk out of the Bridge Stone’s also?
    I didn’t try them. I’ve purchased there in the past and quite frankly didn’t think of them this time.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I’m not for the use of car tires. Not getting into Will, been through this here before ��
    Oh I know but people do change. So that's why I threw it out there again for you...

When I first went into the Army, I saw creamed beef for the first time in my life, on the mess line. Looked like vomit for breakfast. I could not bring myself to try it. I went for a few years absolutely appalled at the sight of it. Then one day, I became brave and tried some. It was delicious and I kicked myself in the ass for denying myself of it for all that time.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Oh I know but people do change. So that's why I threw it out there again for you...

When I first went into the Army, I saw creamed beef for the first time in my life, on the mess line. Looked like vomit for breakfast. I could not bring myself to try it. I went for a few years absolutely appalled at the sight of it. Then one day, I became brave and tried some. It was delicious and I kicked myself in the ass for denying myself of it for all that time.
    My dad used to call that shit on a single.
    And he had my mother make it a few times and yes it looked bad but it tasted good.
    Now I should go buy some.

I absolutely loved that the first time I tried it. Never saw it here, and whenever I see it anywhere, it’s on my plate!

FYI Dennis Kirk has the Bridgestone combo (G704-709)for $313.29 (10% coupon) out the door now, but I got it last time(Feb 21) for $238 out the door after the applied $75 Bridgestone visa gift card.

Somebody chime in when Bridgestone has this $75 gift card offer, I buy a backup set.
    Last edited by maxrider; 06-18-2021 at 03:24 PM.

I just spent the Bridgestone $50 rebate that ended April 30. Oil and spark plugs for the F6B.
    Last edited by Sorcerer; 06-18-2021 at 10:17 PM.