Radio
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radio

Radio

OK guy's went and test rode the F6B today, I have a Stratoliner now.My 2nd one an like it very much, But been looking for something different.The F6B had a 17in windshield on it.The ride an power were very nice, There were no air buffeting or turbulence an the heated grips were also nice today.. But here's my gripe .. Had the Radio all the way up on 30 an could not here it going 40mph or faster, whats up with that. Even just setting there with the bike off, the volume at 30 sucked. Even the sale's person was surprised at how low volume was.We checked a reg Goldwing an it doz,nt even compare.Are you guys adding amp's or are there maybe something wrong , it was the only F6B there, so had nothing to compare it too.If it wasn't for the volume of the radio I would have brought it TODAY, It is not a windshield problem know that for a fact.

Don't understand that. I have a windshield only a couple of inches taller than stock and at 60 mph w/volume at 23, I can hear the music pretty good.

I agree. I have the Honda OEM 16 3/4" windshield and never turn my volume over 18 even on our Texas highways riding at 75-80 mph speed limits. Are you sure the mute button was not on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+1 on checking the mute button......
    If that is/was the problem your dealer should be given a serious ass kicking

With the avc on, my volume is set to no more than 16 running 65-70mph.
    If your dealer pushes what he thinks is the mute button and the horn blows....run as fast as you can to another Honda dealer

Please update us on what the problem was.
    Good luck!

Ride safe,
    G

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    OK guy's went and test rode the F6B today, I have a Stratoliner now.My 2nd one an like it very much, But been looking for something different.The F6B had a 17in windshield on it.The ride an power were very nice, There were no air buffeting or turbulence an the heated grips were also nice today.. But here's my gripe .. Had the Radio all the way up on 30 an could not here it going 40mph or faster, whats up with that. Even just setting there with the bike off, the volume at 30 sucked. Even the sale's person was surprised at how low volume was.We checked a reg Goldwing an it doz,nt even compare.Are you guys adding amp's or are there maybe something wrong , it was the only F6B there, so had nothing to compare it too.If it wasn't for the volume of the radio I would have brought it TODAY, It is not a windshield problem know that for a fact.
    mute botton must be on or the fader set to the rear..

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    mute botton must be on or the fader set to the rear..
    Yup.

It should sound very similar to a sim year goldwing with the fader set full 'front' (Rear speakers 'off')

Former Strat owner here, NO regrets!

Mute is on and dealer is a _________.

Yep mute button or fader....find a new dealer. I too owned two Strats great bikes but the 6 is way more fun.
    I could hear mine just fine with stock windshield till about 80 then it was a little weak.

Just traded Roadliner for F6B. Only regret is having to pay double the insurance.
    Had to be the Mute button. I have Rush pipes and can still hear tunes at 80mph.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    Maybe you had the "Mute" button on?
    "If it moves, paint it."