Do heated socks work? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do heated socks work?

I put those same lower deflectors on earlier this week. They make a huge difference in how fast my feet get cold! I was riding in at upper 20's and feet were cold in a few minutes before the lowers. Yesterday it was 17, today it's 14. Never really noticed my feet cold until after I had walked to the office, near 1/4 mile. But, the socks work very well, I just don't use them much anymore.

Mike

Keep in mind with heated socks, when you first put them on the wires in side the socks may feel terrible and you may not like it BUT once the socks heat up the wires soften and that feeling will disappear.
    Unless you have a lot of walking to do when you get where your going, then you may want to get the heated insoles
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Keep in mind with heated socks, when you first put them on the wires in side the socks may feel terrible and you may not like it BUT once the socks heat up the wires soften and that feeling will disappear.
    Unless you have a lot of walking to do when you get where your going, then you may want to get the heated insoles
    Do the heated insoles make your footwear seem "tighter" or do they not take up a lot of space under the feet?

I noticed also, that Gerbing now has a wireless dual heat controller as well. I think I'm going to ask Ms Claus for that. Less wires to contend with and will make it easier to get to the controls.

http://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbi...ontroller.html

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Oh, I just watched a review... you take out the original boot insoles and replace them with the Gerbing heated insoles

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Lower engine guard air deflectors help as well (cold and wet).

http://wingstuff.com/products/2003-l...?from_search=1
    These lowers are nice and do make a difference, BUT if you scrape your pegs often they will hit and may break as my left side did.

I never even noticed the wires in my socks. ALways wear them over my regular socks. My gear is First Gear not Gerbing though.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I never even noticed the wires in my socks. ALways wear them over my regular socks. My gear is First Gear not Gerbing though.
    Aren't you supposed to wear them, with your regular sock over the electric sock liner?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Aren't you supposed to wear them, with your regular sock over the electric sock liner?
    I never have. No instructions either way. I figure I'd would rather have the regular sock as a barrier between my feet and the sock. If nothing else, but to allow the normal socks be the ones I launder regularly. They work very well, I can tell you that.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I wear a very thin sock under the heated socks and that's it. And I run a separate wire for the socks because even if I wear the Heated pants, I don't usually need as much heat in the socks as I do the pants..

I wear a very thin sock under the heated socks and that's it. And I run a separate wire for the socks because even if I wear the Heated pants, I don't usually need as much heat in the socks as I do the pants..
    Hmmm. I think I have a couple of pairs of light sock liners; in my deer hunting gear packaway. I'll have to go look.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537