Heel Toe Shifters

Thread: Heel Toe Shifters

Heel Toe Shifters

I know this has been brought up before, but I really miss this feature on my bike. I know there are a few after market options, but I also read it's not recommended for our transmissions. Doesn't the Full Wing come with a Heel Toe Shifters? Is there any recommendations of a company that makes a high quality unit. Which company's should I stay away from, or should I forget about putting a Heel Toe Shifters on the F6B altogether.

Lots of heel-toe shifters in use on Goldwings, and I never heard of any transmission failures.

Many use Kuryakin, I used the Rivco which may be a higher quality product.
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
    Lots of heel-toe shifters in use on Goldwings, and I never heard of any transmission failures.

Many use Kuryakin, I used the Rivco which may be a higher quality product.
    Wasn't there a Trike company that sold their own parts to relocate the shifter or a Heel/Toe shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Wasn't there a Trike company that sold their own parts to relocate the shifter or a Heel/Toe shifter.
    Trikeshop.com

That's it Roadsmith.

This is from another post I made to another thread on this same subject...

I purchased these from another member a few months ago (I believe he was selling his F6 and took all of the goodies off before he sold it?) and just never got around to doing anything with them. If you're interested in giving them a try I would let them go for $200. (which is what I paid for them)

HeelToeShifter.jpg

and I'll make the same offer that I did on the other thread...

I'm happy to send you the Show Chrome floorboards if you like. Put them on, try them, if you like them we can strike a deal… if you don't send them back. Your call. Just send me a PM with the address you would like me to ship them to.

heel-toe shifters,,honda won't service??

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I know this has been brought up before, but I really miss this feature on my bike. I know there are a few after market options, but I also read it's not recommended for our transmissions. Doesn't the Full Wing come with a Heel Toe Shifters? Is there any recommendations of a company that makes a high quality unit. Which company's should I stay away from, or should I forget about putting a Heel Toe Shifters on the F6B altogether.
    there was a post on the GL1800riders board a while ago,,
    It showed a Honda service DEPT. Sign"will not do warnnty work on bikes with Heel-Toe shifters Installed",,It was a 3 foot by 6 foot sign,, what ever became of that.
    KennyU

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    This is from another post I made to another thread on this same subject...

I purchased these from another member a few months ago (I believe he was selling his F6 and took all of the goodies off before he sold it?) and just never got around to doing anything with them. If you're interested in giving them a try I would let them go for $200. (which is what I paid for them)

Attachment 21590

and I'll make the same offer that I did on the other thread...

I'm happy to send you the Show Chrome floorboards if you like. Put them on, try them, if you like them we can strike a deal… if you don't send them back. Your call. Just send me a PM with the address you would like me to ship them to.
    I have this same set up on my bike and it works great. I have used heel toe shifters for over 20 years. I personally find them more comfortable. Just takes a few miles to get used to it. As for warranty issue, my shop has no such restriction.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68