Top Speed Question

Thread: Top Speed Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maybe in Maryland you don’t have a place to run. Get out west and it’s a whole different animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Maybe in Maryland you don’t have a place to run. Get out west and it’s a whole different animal.
    I dunno... riding above 112+ miles per hour even on some vast stretches of the west wouldn't seem to be very enjoyable/tolerable on a lengthy basis. For bike and/or rider.

Maybe I'm just getting old...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

No need to run above 112 for a lengthy basis to enjoy the thrill of speeds higher than that. I've had this B up to top end a couple of times and it is smooth as silk, the limiter kicks in softly to stop your climb and the whole thing did not feel dangerous at all. If the bike is capable and it is safe enough and you want to accept the risk no one should tell you that you can't do it or decide for you what is reasonable. Grandma thinks 55 is the right top end speed, glad she is not the head of the speed limiter dept.

Most vehicles get there speed limiters set based on tires. I think this is the case for the F6B also. The OEM tires on our F6B are H-rated (130mph). Most engineers and their lawyers wont push them to 100% of their rating. Take a few % off and set it a 125.