Traded my F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traded my F6B

Traded my F6B

Well guys, I traded my beloved F6B. It was by far one of the best bikes I ever owned. I usually change bikes every couple years but the "B" I had kept for seven years and many miles. It took me to parts of this country without a glitch.The dealer could care less about the accessories I had on it so I removed them before the trade. I'll be listing them in the classified section this weekend. Some things I have are Rivco Aero highway pegs (silver), saddlebag mats with the "F6B"logo, Angrystad shield (11" dark with ram ball mounted), Ultimate Deluxe King seat, and some kind of (fiberglass i think) saddlebag base the wedges into the saddlebag and gave you about a 4" lip so when you opened the bag stuff didn't fall out. I can't find anything about them on the net, they do have a "cyclemax sticker with a part # on them)?? Don't know where I got them but they worked really well for me over the years. Thanks for such an informative and enjoyable forum, I lurked on here for several years. Happy New Year!

Regards,
    Rudy

Rudy, congrats on the new ride whatever it is. Why not let us know what took the place of the "B"?

sixgo,
    I had a 2001 Goldwing that my wife and I used to enjoy doing long weekends with (pre-kids). Life and raising kids got in the way for a while. Now that they are grown she wants to get back into riding again. She did not like the set up I had on the "B" with the detachable Givi box. She feels more secure with a permanent top box so she wanted to get a wing again. I was down to a decision between a wing or a BMW Grand America. I opted for the BMW with the deal that they offed me. It's my first BMW but has a six cylinder engine much like the "B" and seems to run silky smooth. Wifey is happy too. I was surprised to see that they sold my "B" off their floor within ten days.

Sounds like a good move for all concerned. I really like Beemers too, especially the R1200R. Enjoy.

Happy New Year and I hope the BMW gives you as much pleasure as the "B".

Hey, enjoy! I've been tempted to buy a K1600 several times, but am leaning towards a GS1250 at the moment. But it'll be an "add", not a "replace"! Haven't found anything yet that could replace the "'B".
    You better give the Beemer a little more attention than the F6B; I think they require a fair bit more love ($$) to upkeep!

I agree with DarKnt, about the cost of upkeep on BMW's. I looked at getting one, before I got my F6, and no way was I going to pay the BMW listed costs for upkeep. I have several friends that have them, and I have ridden them, and they are good bikes. But here in Wisconsin , there are now only 2 BMW dealerships left, and basic maint, like valve adjustment on the r1200rt was required every 6k miles, and I was told I had to bring the bike to the dealer, and drop off, service must be done on a cold engine. And the estimate cost for that service in 2015 was over $400. Well, good luck with the bike. I hope you can do your own valve adjustments.

These ($$) are very valid concerns. I am fortunate to have a very reputable and well established BMW dealer only an hour drive away. There is another BMW dealer closer to me that sells other brand name bikes including Honda. I have bought many bikes from them over the years. Believe me, all this came into play when deciding on the next bike. If I didn't have these dealers near me it would have been a much easier decision. My riding buddy rides an RT and loves it. We are somewhat handy and have been able to do all the fluid maintenance on it, we will do the same on the K1600. The valves on the K1600 call for a valve checkup at 18,000 miles. That I will allow the dealer to do, so yes I will be on the hook for that. I figured I would give BMW a shot, never had one and always admired them. If this adventure becomes to costly I'll just lick my wounds and get back into the Goldwing. Heck, I might end up with another F6B as it was one of the best bikes I ever owned. For now I just get my "hooligan" fix on the 22 year old Valkyrie in the garage. Love the Valk, but the F6B could just carve corners some much better. Time will tell I guess. Happy New Year and ride safe.

Well, congrats on the new bike. They do make good machines. But do all us F6B riders a good deed, and wave back at us when we ride past each other. So many BMW riders in the midwest act like complete snobs, and never return a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Well, congrats on the new bike. They do make good machines. But do all us F6B riders a good deed, and wave back at us when we ride past each other. So many BMW riders in the midwest act like complete snobs, and never return a wave.
    No worries there, I've been waving to all fellow bikers for the past thirty years. I will continue to do so regardless of what bike I"m riding. The F6B riders will certainly get my attention and be recognized!