Sturgis Rally 2015
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sturgis Rally 2015

Sturgis Rally 2015

Anyone going to Sturgis this year?

I'm arriving on Aug. 1st and plan to stay about a week. I would like to meet up with any other f6b owners that are there. Group ride? Group lunch? Group dinner?

See you there!

Considering it, but with just having left their and riding the hills, other than wanting to see tons of bikers,and less boobies, every year, can't think of a real good reason to go.

I'll be there. Leaving on July 28th. Getting there a couple days early, to get some decent riding on the popular routes, before the "masses" arrive on the weekend. Then will do rides on lesser know and ridden areas over the weekend. Will be camping at a small campground just west of Sturgis, with a group of V-twin riders. 75th anny this year. Should be some fun!

I'll be there! Third trip, but this one is special. I'm retiring one 7/31 after 29 years with the US Marshals Service, and I leave my retirement lunch on the B heading straight to Sturgis. Nice start to retirement, says I!! Will be pulling into the Broken Spoke campground on Sunday afternoon, 8/2.

Congrats on the retirement. On my bucket list but it will not be this year. Have fun all, be safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    I'll be there! Third trip, but this one is special. I'm retiring one 7/31 after 29 years with the US Marshals Service, and I leave my retirement lunch on the B heading straight to Sturgis. Nice start to retirement, says I!! Will be pulling into the Broken Spoke campground on Sunday afternoon, 8/2.
    Cool to see another retired LEO here. I retired after 29 years 11 months. local jurisdiction. I have been retired for 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    Cool to see another retired LEO here. I retired after 29 years 11 months. local jurisdiction. I have been retired for 6 years.
    Come to Sturgis and pitch a tent! It's really a great area for riding, and you're a helluva lot closer than I am. Downtown Sturgis is cool for one night, and Deadwood is great for an afternoon, but the highlight is definitely the riding...

I will be there. Should be pulling in Aug 1st. Staying at a small campground in Spearfish.

I posted this in the general message area but received no response, I didn't see this post so maybe you guys here can help me I copied & pasted that post below & thanks

Sturgis Rally & Rapid City SD
    As a last minute decision I am interested in attending the AMA Pro Flatrack 1/2 mile race Aug 4th durning the world famous Sturgis rally. Has anyone here got any ideas or place at this late date I might find a campground near Rapid City ? It needs to be close to Rapid City because after the night race is over at 11pm I don't wish to ride far with all the critters ! I have been looking and came up with nothing and the motels are all booked with even Motel 6 getting crazy prices, Super 8 wants between $219-329.00 per night. Nothing like good ole screwing but I guess their season is short and you gotta make it when you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

I had a hard time finding a campground 10 months ago when I booked and had to pay in full. Took me three solid days and a lot of phone calls to find something and I paid about the same rate as you said hotels are asking. I think if you want to really go you better book what ever you can find.