Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
This is my first Wnig so can't say how reliable to early Wings were, but you're right that Honda has had a lot of years to get them just right. It's a shame that they have changed the paint used and have gone backwards with that instead of forward. That seems to be the main gripe with the new F6.

I have owned a few Hondas and modern day Harleys as well as a Buell over the years and all have been very reliable. Victory has been the only newer bike that was a real disappointment for me.
Wings have a long history of dependability. That's part of their heritage. As you know, the Wings, while having been around since 1975, have gone through several technological advances plus going from a 1000 cc 4 cylinder to 1100 4 cyl to 1200 4 cyl to 1520 6 cyl( the first with reverse option), and then the 1832 cc 6 cylinder.
All these motors have rock solid reputations. Each ,over the course of many years have had their minor issues, but mostly due to age of some of the older mods. I just replaced the pulse generator on my dad's 1986 Aspencade. Still runs like a top.