You've got to buy a Harley - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You've got to buy a Harley

My harley lemon was a 13RG custom. 5 times in the shop in exactly 1 year and 10,000 miles for elecrical issues. I have to admit I really do miss it and I know I say a lot on here that I'm going back to the new RG because I can't seem to get comfy on this bike but I really don't know. I'm not loyal to any one brand at all. I just enjoy riding and do it as often as my work scedule permits. I just like the look and sound of a v twin. And sorry guys Harley's sound way better than any metric v twin. Had a roadstar with full Vance and Hines and although it was loud it did not have that deep rumble... And yes I like that. But the performance of this f6 is gonna be hard to walk away from. Talked to a guy at a concert last night on a victory cc and he loved it and my wife also liked the look. It's his 3rd Vic and no problems. Last one he put 60k on it. That new vic magnum is sharp. But so is the RG. And the f6 is pretty fun to ride. Grrrrrrr. The only prob I have is I can't afford 4-5 different new bikes haha!!! Ohh well I'm gonna sit back and ride the f6 this summer and who knows what I'll be getting in the spring. Just thought I would chime in on the YOU SHOULD BUY A HARLEY

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Perhaps "bad mouthing" was a poor choice of words on my part, should have said "criticizing" I suppose...In any event, the thing that "bugs" me the most about a lot of HD riders is they always seem to find fault with JAP bikes, and according to the ones I have seen/met, think that HD bikes, made in America, are next to "Godliness", yet they go home and get in their Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas, etc. and drive off into the sun set fat and happy!!!!
    I wasn't bad mouthing or criticizing, I was just relating a tale. I listened to their tales for two hours solid and I thought it was funny when they told me I should get a Harley.

This is a little off base, but I heard on the news last night that the most American made vehicle with the most parts and made in this country is.....Toyota. So, even though I don't, driving a Toyota isn't such a bad thing.

Yup. The VTX was made in Marysville, Ohio... but for many HD guys, that wasn't good enough. "the profits still go to Japan."

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/Exhi...torcycles.aspx

Funny how that doesn't matter when applied to cars.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I never implied or suggested that Harley's were the best or the worst...
    Cool. I agree they aren't the best or the worst...