Newbie Intro - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Intro

, JetBlackWing, from NC . I had a V65 Sabre back years ago and it was a pretty good bike in it's day. Of course, we've moved on well beyond that now. Enjoy your ride!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    And I too am an AF veteran, and was still in the Air Force when I had my V45 Sabre, stationed in Shaw AFB at the time. No wrecks to report though, dropped that first bike (Honda CX500) in the sand once though.
    I knew you had to be cool. Shaw is a nice base, especially if you are a golfer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Welcome aboard!

Great bike, fun to ride. Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Greetings from South Louisiana

Glad to have you on the forum; enjoy a great bike and an unusually generous , diverse and sociable group of talented and educated misfits.

Cool

You will never meet a better bunch of guys than right here. Ride it like you stole it and welcome to what used to be the sunshine state! Not so much lately.

Cool First weekend ride impressions/comparison

Ok, I'm comparing primarily with my current other ride, an low mileage, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner 1900. A new stock 2013 F6B, I'm 5'4, and that stock windshield isn't going to cut it unless I wear a full face shield. I caught large bugs, two different times, into my open face helmet, and one started biting behind my ear before I could get it out..ouch drew blood too!

Both get near the same fuel mileage (got about 44 mpg, mostly hwy) Lifting off the stand..the Stratoliner was easier...surprise! (It's weight is 20 lbs lighter, also thanks to its aluminum frame, and low center gravity). Seat heights about the same, (you feel you are sitting on a bike rather than in the bikes), but the F6B seat being a bit wider prevents any both feet from flat footing it. The narrow grip handle bars of the F6B will take some getting used to, and Slow speed handling, might be near a draw, partly due to the Strat's calmer throttle control, and fantastic transmission, But I'd have to give the higher speed handling, a slight edge to the F6B (this bike seems to speed up on the corners on its own).

Power wise, no winner between the two, (be careful about pulling up to a Stratoliner/Roadliner and pullin the out pink slips, it might be a two cylinder, Veetwin, but It-Will-Drag buddy...) only the different feel, and sound of delivery. One having the power pulse with a glass pack single muffler, and the other having a smooth linear feel (but a bit too sensitive and jumpy with a slight throttle change) with two muted OEM mufflers (the glass pack on the Stratoliner sounds better, but I do like the look of the dual's of the F6B). The FB6 has alittle more overall storage, and stereo over the Stratoliner.

Conclusion.. If I had, dual exhaust on the Stratoliner, I would add a fairing and stereo, and I would keep it instead, but these are high cost add on's and the duals aren't available for this bike, so perhaps I will have to keep the Stratoliner, but only as a happy memory, in the back of my mind. A very well engineered bike, and one that just almost out does the FB6 in many ways, but not quite. However, for a Vee Twin option, I wouldn't consider a different bike other than the Stratoliner/Roadliner, and yes I owned one Harley (panhead) and rode others, l and just painstakingly looked at all the other large Vee twins offerings before choosing the Stratoliner, andI found none I like better overall. At this point, if someone just came up to me and bought one or the other bike from me, it would settle my mind. F6B is a wonderful bike, but I also made such a great choice 7 years ago (and as a guide or side note, my lady also prefers the Stratoliner, and that makes it more difficult). Low mileage Stratoliner reluctantly for sale... in Central Missouri.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome from Northern Illinois. Just got my F6b a month ago. There is a wealth of knowledge here. It's a very cool site!
    I came over from the Valkyrie world. I've had 2 Valk Interstates and totaled two. Thought I better try something different since I'm down to 7 lives left.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Jetblackwing from sunny Florida .....................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Welcome to the forum.
    You "killed" the Floyd song.

Doug