Why is this so difficult ???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is this so difficult ???

Why is this so difficult ???

Every time I purchase a helmet it is a nightmare, I do not care about the price the fit is a Hell of a challenge.
    I have to trim the cheek pads, I usually buy a spare set in case I make a mistake, I wear a XL size.

What about your Experience???

shooter
    Been using Shoei my whole life. They fit me great. Not cheap but good.

I have a Shoei Quest passage wore it once it gave me a earache, I have other Shoei that never gave me troubles.
    I am wearing a Bell and a HJC at this time, no issues, now head set packets is another problem on some helmets.

My last was an HJC x/l....I went to a Shoie this time...Medium! It's tight, but they said the pads will flatten and fit better. I believe in fitting, not online for this stuff.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Yellow Rex

Hey,
    Ive got a Xtra large Shoei Neotec I've been meaning to sell on craigs. Its wine red and used for one season. I realized it was just a little too big after break in. You can get different cheek pad sizes and bonnets sizes for this. A few scrapes but in good condition w/ box , helmet bag , pin lock. Come get it next time your in the city, try it for a few months, make me an offer if it suits you.

I have a big round Charlie Brown head XXXL I have a hell of a time even finding big enough helmets to try on. My current helmets are 3 HJCs, 2 mods 1 fullface, and 1 Aria fullface. The Aria needed some trimming and carving. The HJCs were good out of the box.

A helmet should fit your head snugly; and they will break in a little bit with repeated wear.

many people buy a helmet one size too large; thinking it fits them better because it is more comfortable.

For years, I had always purchased a XL helmet; only to find out one day that I should have been wearing a Large all of that time.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I feel your pain. I swear I must currently have 20 helmets....full-face, modulars, Harley half and quarter helmets, etc. The absolutely best fitting helmet I have ever owned is an Arai Quantum II. Unfortunately, Arai discontinued that helmet line. I wear Shoei RF 1100 and 1200 helmets....pretty good fit but I have to get thinner cheek pads than those that come with those helmets (33mm). I have a Lazer carbon fiber that is pretty comfy too. I can't wear an HJC or Scorpion. Just can't get them to fit correctly with my round head shape...too many hot spots and pressure points.

You think you have problems!...

I wear a HJC 5XL...why? because its the only one I could find that fits my apparently huge noggin. And even then, HJC offers 5XL in only a few models.

I have stopped at every place I pass just to try on helmets of all kinds, and so far the HJC 5XL is my ONLY choice for now.

www.lidpicker.com

I am on a mailing list for a company I have purchased Gear from in the past. Last month I was sent info on Lid Picker to help with Helmet purchases. I do not need a new Helmet so I have not looked into it, but it may be worth a look for you. www.lidpicker.com