Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

Question

I have a question about the Extended Warranty for the F6B

Say you have a 2013 F6B Deluxe, bought in 2013. When bought, the additional warranty for roughly 1500 dollars was purchased, for a total of what? 5 years right?

Said F6B was brought home, then 120 miles was put on the bike. Then a major health crisis struck the individual that purchased this bike. So said bike has been sitting on center stand since. Purchaser has tried to recover, but alas he will never ride again and has decided to part with said F6B with 120 miles on it. The bike has been run on the center stand weekly.

So there is roughly 2 years of warranty left on this F6B with 120 miles. If one extended warranty has already been purchased, can another one be purchased?

I would like to know if anyone has any information about this.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    I have a question about the Extended Warranty for the F6B
    Say you have a 2013 F6B Deluxe, bought in 2013. When bought, the additional warranty for roughly 1500 dollars was purchased, for a total of what? 5 years right?
    Said F6B was brought home, then 120 miles was put on the bike. Then a major health crisis struck the individual that purchased this bike. So said bike has been sitting on center stand since. Purchaser has tried to recover, but alas he will never ride again and has decided to part with said F6B with 120 miles on it. The bike has been run on the center stand weekly.
    So there is roughly 2 years of warranty left on this F6B with 120 miles. If one extended warranty has already been purchased, can another one be purchased?
    I would like to know if anyone has any information about this.
    Thank you in advance.
    For $1500.00 it should be 7 years, and should be transferrable to the new owner.

Standard warranty that comes with the bike is 3 years. The extended warranty is adding UP TO 4 years which is what most people do to make 7 years total. You can get a partial refund on the warranty if you choose to not use the remaining years, but it will amount to a > very small < amount. Best to keep it with the bike if selling so the new buyer feels more protected. He can pay a small transfer fee to put the warranty in his name.

I am the one buying the bike. I was just wondering if I could purchase extended warranty for a 2nd time? With the bike essentially newer I wanted to cover the bike. The warranty runs out 8/2018

Just got back from looking at the bike. Perfect condition. Under a cover in a garage next to a covered camaro. I saw invoices and receipts. The guy paid 24k including the 1500 for the extended warranty.

I think 13k is not a bad deal for me huh?

Started right up.

Great deal...warranty =waste of good money !!! If you must it can be bought fro $400 from Russellville Honda, a sponsor !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks Steve!

It is a great deal. Don't fret over the warranty. A better question for the forum would be "how many people have used the warranty on this bike?"

Now, that is the question to ask!!!! Lets see if anyone answers...it would have to be a 2013 for the OEM warranty to be expired !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

That must be the bike that was on the bay at that nobody bid on.

Waste of Money?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Great deal...warranty =waste of good money !!! If you must it can be bought fro $400 from Russellville Honda, a sponsor !
    I have to agree with that. I've purchased extended warranties on a Kawasaki, 2 Honda Valkyries, and 2 Fords. In EVERY case the price of the warranty exceeded the cost of warranty repairs. I read that for every dollar manufacturers collect in warranty premiums, they pay out an average of 17 cents in claims.

There's huge markup in extended warranties. For my Fords I found a dealer in Minnesota selling the factory warranties for about half of what my dealer wanted. As we know, Honda warranties are also available at similar discounts. Since GL1800s are so reliable, I'm still undecided about buying one for my F6B.