Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles

Thread: Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rebate

Yeah, the rebate is a nice, unexpected bonus. Honestly, I've never been too impressed with Dunlops in the past. They seemed a little "hard" to me without significant better wear. But I'm hoping these are the ones that make me a believer.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dunlops

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    Yeah, the rebate is a nice, unexpected bonus. Honestly, I've never been too impressed with Dunlops in the past. They seemed a little "hard" to me without significant better wear. But I'm hoping these are the ones that make me a believer.
    The Elite 3's were all I would use on my M109R Suzuki I used to have and I was always pushing curves and turns and never once had them do anything but what they were supposed to do. The 3's did wear fast but I always put that back to the effect that they were eternally doing their job. Now I have an Elite 4 on the rear and will have one on the front as soon as the OEM stone wears out. The new 4's are suppose to have a hardened center for wear and a softer sideway for hanging the curves. I field tested it on my favorite curvy road right from the git go and it performed admirally for a fresh tire that is suppose to be slippery when new. It did everything I threw at it and did it very well. Some say they are more noisy than the Stone but can't hear them over the stereo so I couldn't tell you for sure on that one.

Just used the Ride On Sealant with a new CT install and have no balancing issues myself. No punctures so far either. HaHa

Bad experiences with Ride On magic goo myself. First a friend had a flat large enough that the RO would not seal it. But it did make the hole so slippery that a plug kit he also had with him would not stay in the hole making the plug kit useless. Next I had a front tire starting to bounce just a bit and put in some RE, it got worse. To top it off after removing the wheel and taking it to a shop they charged me extra to deal with the goo and get it all washed out so they could remount the tire. After a regular balance the bounce was gone. The goo is expensive does not always work makes a mess and lead weights work really good and are cheap. And besides in 15 years and 250K miles I've only had two punctures so what am I protecting against. Most recently a valve stem failed and I feel sure RE would have done nothing to help but most likely would have made a mess. Not for me with the magic goo!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Bad experiences with Ride On magic goo myself. First a friend had a flat large enough that the RO would not seal it. But it did make the hole so slippery that a plug kit he also had with him would not stay in the hole making the plug kit useless. Next I had a front tire starting to bounce just a bit and put in some RE, it got worse. To top it off after removing the wheel and taking it to a shop they charged me extra to deal with the goo and get it all washed out so they could remount the tire. After a regular balance the bounce was gone. The goo is expensive does not always work makes a mess and lead weights work really good and are cheap. And besides in 15 years and 250K miles I've only had two punctures so what am I protecting against. Most recently a valve stem failed and I feel sure RE would have done nothing to help but most likely would have made a mess. Not for me with the magic goo!
    Same as with the Slime I'd imagine? I'd never run that goo in a M/C tire but am contemplating it's use in bicycle tires.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I just bought an Elite 4 rear, not fitted yet, still running an elite 3 on the front.

Cool

I would not ride very far WITH OUT ride on..., Great product and I have USED it !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com