Pacific Coast Highway Camping Trip - June 2021
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Coast Highway Camping Trip - June 2021

Pacific Coast Highway Camping Trip - June 2021

Howdy all! I am planning on an incredible Moto-camping ride across northern CA, through the Redwoods down Ave of The Giants, over to the coast at Legget, and down to San Luis Obispo, then across to Yosemite, down to the Grand Canyon, then end in Vegas. I have one buddy from the GL1800 forum that's planning on joining me. We thought it might be kinda fun to see if we can get a group together.

We both have towable campers. I actually have an add-a-room with mine, so I could even help accommodate an additional person inside my setup. I am planning on it being around 10 days total. I've done it many times, and know where all the good spots are, and where to stay for a day or two to take showers and do laundry, relax, etc. It's the most amazing motorcycle trip in the country in my opinion - and I've ridden in 47 states. I think it beats the Tail by a country mile in terms of great scenery, curves, and just pure excitement. The only other ride that comes close to this loop (again, in my opinion) is Glacier National Park. I've yet to ride in Alaska, Maine or Vermont.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone might be interested. Hope everyone is well and riding safely!!

BLESSIINGS!
    Sam

I haven't done any of the east coast Dragon runs, but I agree it will be hard to beat our Pacific Coast mountain highways and vistas. I've ridden through most of the areas you mention including Yosemite and Lassen Volcano Park. Just beautiful especially viewing those large granite peaks like El Capitan.

If the Canada border remains closed, then my June trip will be cancelled. I will keep your offer at the top of my list! Dayton is a day trip from here, as long as I don't plan to get gas in Junction City, OR... You'd think a town with the name Junction would have a gas station.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 01-29-2021 at 05:54 PM.

sam, what dates are you looking at???? i grew up in redwood city ca.....great riding

I saw this yesterday. I don’t know if this would have any bearing on your plans.
    AB464E6D-2216-449E-A835-75F7D9244E42.jpg

no problem if they put in a ramp......

Sam that sounds like an interesting trip, I will be watching to see when the dates are and instead of going to Key West I might head out west and pull my camper and join your convoy of campers.. Gordon

When are you planning on going? Looking to pick up a Roll-A-Home soon just for trips like that.
    NMRed
    IBA 63255

Quote Originally Posted by NMRed View Post
    When are you planning on going? Looking to pick up a Roll-A-Home soon just for trips like that.
    We were considering starting out on the 18th of June. That would give us a high degree of confidence that all of the snow going across the passes in the Northern Sierra's would be done and over. It would be an epic maiden voyage for your new Roll-A-Home. That's exactly what one of my buddies will be using as well.

BLESSINGS!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Sam that sounds like an interesting trip, I will be watching to see when the dates are and instead of going to Key West I might head out west and pull my camper and join your convoy of campers.. Gordon
    Key West is an incredible trip as well. I've done it myself 3 times. However, if you haven't done this ride, I promise you, it's like none other anywhere in this entire beautiful country of ours. We are shooting for leaving Dayton, NV on the 18th of June.

BLESSINGS!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    I saw this yesterday. I don’t know if this would have any bearing on your plans.
    AB464E6D-2216-449E-A835-75F7D9244E42.jpg
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've seen slides like that many times over the years on PCH. Yeah, they suck and are a pain, but there's usually a detour around and you can soon continue the journey.

BLESSINGS!
    Sam