Pooch seat/ carrier - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pooch seat/ carrier

Saw this earlier on Facebook and it really made me smile. I've thought about doing this before, but the execution on yours is awesome.

The pup's eye protection is great. I wonder if it might be worth thinking about ear protection? Don't exactly know how you'd rig it. I just know a dog's hearing is really sensitive and valuable to its quality of life.

Jason

Stan the Man.jpg
    I love it!

I think I'll have an easier time fabricating something for my pooch!

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Saw this earlier on Facebook and it really made me smile. I've thought about doing this before, but the execution on yours is awesome.

The pup's eye protection is great. I wonder if it might be worth thinking about ear protection? Don't exactly know how you'd rig it. I just know a dog's hearing is really sensitive and valuable to its quality of life.

Jason
    I thought if he ear protection as well.
    But in reality, she lies down behind me and doesn’t get much wind blast at all.
    She’s learned very quickly when to sit up to enjoy the wind and when to lie down behind me.
    As of she can read the speedo on my bike, she sits up under 45mph.
    As soon as I hit 45mph, she lies down which makes me feel safe and stable, as if I’m riding solo.
    We’ve done more than enough highway speed riding and I’m confident she can tag along on any ride I go now.

As far as “pit stops” are concerned, if need more of it than she does.... lol
    So it’s not really a problem at all.
    I must say though, she has always been a great traveler in my car/ truck.
    She remains nice and calm when she sees other dogs while in/ on a vehicle/ bike.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    BBB,

How are the handling characteristics with the occupied pooch seat? I know you sense a higher center of gravity, but I am interested if you noticed any really pronounced wind drag conditions.
    The platform for my dog weighs about 40#. My dog is 65#.
    So I’m carrying 105# total. It’s just as if a rather small person on thf back seat. 😬
    She really doesn’t move around much at all. Just sits up or lies down. Designed it to just the right width, so it’s not too tight yet not roomy enough for her to be able to move around.

And yes I do feel the weight on the back at parking lot speed, but once We get moving, it’s not bad at all.
    I was concerned about it catching wind, but it turned out it’s not an issue at all. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    The platform for my dog weighs about 40#. My dog is 65#.
    So I’m carrying 105# total. It’s just as if a rather small person on thf back seat. ��
    She really doesn’t move around much at all. Just sits up or lies down. Designed it to just the right width, so it’s not too tight yet not roomy enough for her to be able to move around.

And yes I do feel the weight on the back at parking lot speed, but once We get moving, it’s not bad at all.
    I was concerned about it catching wind, but it turned out it’s not an issue at all. ��

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Can't let my wife see that, she's already talking a trailer for our 2 Lab's ....

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Hey

It's been a while since I've posted but figured I'd put this on the thread and offer these items to an owner of an F6B. The first PM I receive from a member will get them for their cost of shipping, CONUS only. These items have been on eBay for some time now with no offers, so I figured I'd just give them to someone who's going to use them. eBay Item#254682414677

Be safe,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I thought if he ear protection as well.
    But in reality, she lies down behind me and doesn’t get much wind blast at all.
    She’s learned very quickly when to sit up to enjoy the wind and when to lie down behind me.
    As of she can read the speedo on my bike, she sits up under 45mph.
    As soon as I hit 45mph, she lies down which makes me feel safe and stable, as if I’m riding solo.
    We’ve done more than enough highway speed riding and I’m confident she can tag along on any ride I go now.

As far as “pit stops” are concerned, if need more of it than she does.... lol
    So it’s not really a problem at all.
    I must say though, she has always been a great traveler in my car/ truck.
    She remains nice and calm when she sees other dogs while in/ on a vehicle/ bike.
    That is awesome that you've thought of it and you two already have a system worked out. Warms my heart when people take good care care of their furry friends. Many happy miles to the both of you.

Jason