No love for the stock mini shield. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No love for the stock mini shield.

Absolutly No Love bought the 14 inch Klockwerks LOVE it

You guys have my imagination cranked up

Look for pictures very soon.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    My deal was the bugs on my helmet shield. We're I to use the stock one, I'd have to clean my helmet at least every 100 miles. Shorty Clearview? Hardly ever.
    This was my problem. At about 14k with the shorty I had just made a trip from Denver to Huntsville via Memphis.I liked the shorty had said I wouldn't change it but the bugs just covered my full face. I had been wiping them off with my wiper glove but mostly they just smeared.
    I went with a Klockwerks recurve. Short enough that I dont look through it but it puts the bugs on the top of my helmet-not in my face and view.Still enough wind ,stereo is clearer at speed and since the cool season is approaching should be a little warmer on the frosty days.

Not hearing much about the Honda tall screen, I live in a bug heavy area and enjoy keeping them off my face or face shield.
    I'm looking at a Honda tall screen for $145 shipped. Bad idea?
    edit: changed my search criteria, already been addressed. So. Much. To. Read!

OEM to paint

Thanks, Old Ryder. Sent you my PayPal address to make this deal happen. I am also an MRA fan--there is a dark shorty on my K1300S! Looking forward to painting your OEM shield the first rainy day we get with the monsoons they are predicting up here.

I still like the stock shield, and have not replaced it.
    But then again, I've also never had any windshield on any of the other bikes I've had in the 40 years I've been riding. Never liked the look of them.
    I've used only full-face helmets since I bought my V65 Magna back in 1983.
    I've also been using earplugs for quite a few years now, as I find riding to feel much more relaxing with them.
    Despite this, I find the stereo to be audible through the speakers up to over 70 mph, as long as I have the automatic volume control on.
    Maybe I'll try a regular windshield someday, but I remain in no hurry to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    Thanks, Old Ryder. Sent you my PayPal address to make this deal happen. I am also an MRA fan--there is a dark shorty on my K1300S! Looking forward to painting your OEM shield the first rainy day we get with the monsoons they are predicting up here.
    Sent you a PM. Seems the wife threw out the shield while cleaning out the barn. (I guess she did not care for the stock shield either ) What a lousy way to spend a rainy Monday digging thru 2 barns looking for something that isn't there. Sorry, Bro! If you can't find one here, eBay has them from time to time for cheap.

I been playing around with some paint and the acrylic base of the Madstad. Now I wish I had my OEM to experiment with. Dang it!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...Red-bikes-only

Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    Anyone else like the small shield? I'm trying to generate some new appreciation for it.
    I'm with you. I got my B just 2 days back and love everything about it! Including the tiny little windshield.

vinyl and Windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    Like most of you I bought a larger shield (Baggershield) but found it too hot in the summer here in NorCal so I bought a shorter opaque CB Bailey so I could get some air to my helmet vents like I do on my K1600GT. This combination of fresh air, cool looks and an open horizon view led me to consider the OEM again so I wrapped it in black shiny vinyl and now I love it again! Anyone want to sell me their OEM in perfect condition so that can paint it? $100 shipped to California!
    Hello Dfinkelsteinmd

Quelques photos serait bienvenu ainsi que le film vinyl utilisé et votre méthode de pose.
    Some photos would be welcome as well as the vinyl used and your method of pose.

Le français