Took the Harley out for spin.....

Thread: Took the Harley out for spin.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I took my Sporty out for a couple hundred miles yesterday. One of my favorite things about it is my wife will actually ride it with me. She likes a bike to "feel and sound like a motorcycle". She's one of the few women that could care less about comfort and smoothness. Go figure. There's no figuring out women, right?

It's ok, I get to ride the F6 all by myself!

My Harley....

The Harley that I have in the garage is a little different than most...It is an 07 VRSCAW, smooth bike, tons of power, wind in the face...but it rarely gets ridden. Still love the bike every time I get on it, but instinct at this point is to go to the Honda. Had the electra glide before the 6, rode a Road Glide last week while a friend test rode the 6. I still think the big twins sound great, but I dont miss mine.

I guess I'm just one of those guys who "has to ask".
    I've never "gotten" the Harley "mystique", I don't know what the heck HD owners are talking about when they say "heritage", & I guess I'm just not hung up on "tradition" either.
    I've always judged a motorcycle on it's own merits, how it fits my riding needs & likes, not what other people think of those things. My judgement has brought me to Honda bikes, specifically the flat 6 powered versions & I could not be happier. I would love to be able to buy what I want from an "American owned" company but the reality is for me there is nothing made by "American owned" motorcycle companies that is good enough.
    I used to get upset a bit when the inevitable "Jap Junk" comments & snooty attitudes of some HD owners were directed at me & my bikes but now I just feel sorry for those owners. The things some of them are willing to put up with just to own & ride one of those bikes is beyond my understanding.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    I guess I'm just one of those guys who "has to ask".
    I've never "gotten" the Harley "mystique", I don't know what the heck HD owners are talking about when they say "heritage", & I guess I'm just not hung up on "tradition" either.
    I've always judged a motorcycle on it's own merits, how it fits my riding needs & likes, not what other people think of those things. My judgement has brought me to Honda bikes, specifically the flat 6 powered versions & I could not be happier. I would love to be able to buy what I want from an "American owned" company but the reality is for me there is nothing made by "American owned" motorcycle companies that is good enough.
    I used to get upset a bit when the inevitable "Jap Junk" comments & snooty attitudes of some HD owners were directed at me & my bikes but now I just feel sorry for those owners. The things some of them are willing to put up with just to own & ride one of those bikes is beyond my understanding.
    The Heritage is a Harley model in the Softail family. The tradition is over 100 years of building American bikes, although with the recent opening of a full production plant in India that tradition is definitely changing and the American icon that Harley was is not the same anymore.

I love all bikes, but as you said I buy bikes based on my needs and what fits me and is the most comfortable. In the past, Harley met those criteria for me. If you ride on 2 wheels and enjoy the ride that's all that really matters. The brand or type of bike isn't very important. It's the fun factor that counts. You really don't need to understand why someone rides whatever bike they choose to ride. After all, it's their choice not yours and if it puts a smile on their face then that's all there is to understand.