Does Anyone Have Front Wheel Wobble? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Have Front Wheel Wobble?

I feel the steering stem nut loses torque the more miles you put on it. This can depend on air pressure, road conditions and how hard you ride. A worn tire amplifies the situation. You can go to All Balls which causes more friction and less wobble but now many are complaining they are notching. The OEM bearings work fine but they need occasional maintenance such as regreasing and retorquing. Many have found very little grease on the bearing from the factory. If your torque is too loose you will have a wobble, if it's to tight you will have a high speed weave. There's a fine line between the two.

Will installing a Traxxion front fork kit stop this wobble?

Richie

Wheel wobble

Yes most goldwing have this problem a tire with
    cupping can cause it as well, seely stering stablzer
    for goldwing usualy will solve this problem they are proud of
    it.

I have never installed a Traxxion suspension [even though I've only heard good about them] I really don't think they would change a wobble. Usually a wobble is associated with the steering head but on a few occasions I've seen loose swingarm bearings also create a wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The first sign of time to replace the front tire……JMHO!

P.S. Don’t let the head shake get out of control by seeing how bad it will get!!!! it WILL turn into a tank slapper!!!
    Front tire only has 8000 miles on it. Should go 16000 or more. All my Harleys did. Am I wrong thinking this?...Dickie

Yellow Rex, thanks for that info on Seely stabilizer, I had never heard of them and so I looked up there site. Looks like a high quality product.

No wobble here either.

Maybe a currently certified Honda mechanic with experience on present generation GL1800's can weigh in here?

Oh, I want to ask you dickiedeals, what type of work have you done on the bike, on the front end? Lastly have you inspected the wheel balance weights?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    That is exactly what Honda told me, word for word, in 1991.
    Hmm...23 years ago. IF it was a know issue then, I'm sure that either a fix has been engineered in. Otherwise if even just 1% of all units sold had the issue there would be 1000's of documented cases over the last 23 years, exposing an unacceptable risk to Honda.

Front wheel wobble

dickiedeals you may wont to pm Zackabilly,
    he uses the seely poroduct on all of his goldwings.

I read somewhere that the front end fork brace can cause problems if not installed correctly. I know you guys know what your doing I was just thinking about a thread I read about install procedures including loostening front wheel and bouncing etc... They said the brace can actually put it in a bind. So here's the question, If you do not have wobble, should you install the brace?