Commercial Bike Haulers

Thread: Commercial Bike Haulers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can't remember the names of the companies that specialize in hauling bikes, but if my memory serves me right there are a few "classic car" haulers on the web that also transfer bikes from one place to another...

I had a buddy who uses http://www.uship.com/ has sold many bikes on ebay. swears by them

Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Several years ago I shipped an 83 GL1100 from Cupertino CA to NC. I contacted Uship.com and had several independent contractors bid on it.

They had 8 to 10 guys with big pick-up's and 40' enclosed trailers running back and forth across the country picking up and dropping off bikes all over. The guy I dealt with was from Miss. and was in the middle of a run. He was in Sacramento, just getting ready to head south to L.A. and then back east to D.C. and then Miami.

All of the guys I talked to were bonded, insured, and thoroughly vetted by Uship. For $500.00 the guy I dealt with detoured to Cupertino and picked up my (somewhat ratty) 83 and strapped it in between a beautifully restored mid 60's Vespa and a fantastic early 70's ducati .... (there was also a mint 75 Kaw in the mix) ....

He had a website and I could see where he was and what his status was at any time.

An all around great experience with Uship.

Just my 2 cents

Thank you all very much. I will make some calls and see what I can line up.