A little tired
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little tired

A little tired

Of people asking me if the F6B "is that a scooter or motorcycle?"
    I just chuckle at them, I never seen a scooter as big as the 6. I wonder if full wing riders get the scooter question.

He was just jack'in with ya !

Came thru Roswell, NM a couple of weeks ago at a gas station and a guy came over to look at my bike. He said he like it, but wanted to know if it was a Pacific Coast. He was just being a Butt, so I told him I had his Pacific Coast hanging !

I, too have had that question. I scratch my head each time. Like you, I have never seen a scooter this big and certainly not with a 6 cylinder 100+ hp engine. They must think it is a scooter on steroids!

Those who don't think it is a scooter say that is a really big motorcycle. I guess size is in the mind of the individual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    That's a new one on me,,,

I do live in southern IL flat land.
    If you don't have a Harley it's really not a Real bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I do live in southern IL flat land.
    If you don't have a Harley it's really not a Real bike.
    Harley bike will work on flat land. I prefer a MOTOR Cycle for hills curves and mountains.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

I put this on an earlier thread but I have to comment on it again because ignorance is fascinating . I took a coffee break at a small town cafe and when I came out there was a group of Beemer riders examining my F6. The acknowledged expert of the group was, in great detail, explaining that my bike was a smaller engined, detuned beginner bike version of a Wing and was being sold to the public for less than half the price of a Wing. I attempted to correct him and he became hostile and told me I needed to read up and learn about motorcycles before opening my mouth. My other, recent, memorable encounter happened at the local Post Office as I parked my Hyabusa based B-King. A guy stopped, looked over the bike and said he intended to pick up one just like it. I told him they were made for one year and it was unlikely he would find one. He said that he could get one at any motorcycle shop and particularily liked it because he did not need a motorcycle license to ride it. Turns out he thought it was a 49cc scooter! I explained to him that what he was looking at was one of the most ass stomping motorcycles ever sold to the public and he walked away still believing that it was a 30mph scooter. I have 8 bikes and my freinds are splintered into groups based on what you ride. The Harley guys don't like anybody. The Triumph guys only like Brit bikes. The sport bike group would all stroke out if I'd show up on my Rune. The Honda guys don't like the Harley guys but will almost tolerate my KTM and so on. I enjoy annoying and embarrassing my friends so I often show up on the most obtuse bike possible. No matter what, my bikes are always faster than anything anybody else is riding so I always have the most fun as they eat my tire smoke.

I would have walked away if some stranger told me to shut my mouth. Unbelievable nerve of some people..

I like all bikes, I guess that makes me abnormal.

I too like all bikes both big and small. I rode BMW's as my long distance ride all through the 1970's and into the 1980's. I moved on when the only reasonably close dealer went under. Today I no longer have enough or the right kind of attitude to own a BMW. You meet the nicest people on a Honda is still true.