Test drove an Indian Chieftain

Thread: Test drove an Indian Chieftain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was reading my HOG magazine yesterday about the new motor, the Milwaukee 8, which is a 107....lol.
    (yes, I'm a lifetime HOG member)
    In order for it to get to 115hp, it has to have the Stage 1, 2, AND 3 kits installed.

I laughed and went out to pet Isleen.....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Saw the new Motorcycle Consumer News review of the "new 107" motor in a road test of the Road King which is one their lighter bikes in the Touring line...An earlier article in another mag said the new HD's are a full two or three bike lengths quicker from 0-60 than last years model...Wow!! ...what a joke....The thing goes from 0-60 in 5.26 seconds and runs the quarter mile in 14.32 sec @94.56 mph.....Not so bad until you see that a stock F6B does 0-60 in 3.80 seconds and runs the quarter mile in 11.85 sec @104.65 mph...."Whoops".....

The 107 is one-upping Victory's 106, just like Indian's 111 one-upped HD's 110.

Victory has had 114 and 116 kits out for years now. Past time for them to do something stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    The 107 is one-upping Victory's 106, just like Indian's 111 one-upped HD's 110.

Victory has had 114 and 116 kits out for years now. Past time for them to do something stock.
    Kind of seems like a big V-Twin "pissin" contest....You one-up my twin and I will do the same next time...Maybe one of these days the games will end, but that is what successful marketing is all about, or so I'm told....Meanwhile I will stick with my F6B motor which has been around "blowing off these big V-Twins" for 16 years.....Ride safe

After i totaled my F6B last year I bought Indian chieftain. I had it for 3 weeks and traded it for 16 Street Glide special. I do not know why I bought Chieftain. I have had close to 13 bikes in 3 yrs. By far best has been Street Glide FOR ME. See what I did there ? I highlighted " FOR ME". Why do most riders compare 6 cylinders with 2. I have no Idea. Every motorcycle is different. They all have good and bad. I went thru so many cycles in 3 years just to find the right one and I think I'm very close. I bought my SG in May 16 and by end of AUG I had 11000 miles on it. Travelled 19 states in 3 months. Never had a blast on any other bike.

F6b or some other bike may be the best in the world. But its not for everyone. SG fits me close to perfect and I luv it. It may not be reliable as Honda but I'm ok with that. With Chieftain I felt a need to shift into 2nd gear quickly compared to SG. Also there was clacking noise, it also was difficult to go into 2nd gear until bike warmed up. Chieftain felt like a tractor at lower torque, but at higher speeds was decent. Compared to F6B, SG feels like tractor too but F6b does not fit me well. I just love riding, and try to gather useful info from all the forums I've joined so far.

My madstad does not whistle; you should double check your installation.
    Regarding wind: I have a madstad and baker hand wings. I believe most of the wind I feel comes up through the fork holes. If you're trying to eliminate all wind, look into the fork wind blockers.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    My madstad does not whistle; you should double check your installation.
    Regarding wind: I have a madstad and baker hand wings. I believe most of the wind I feel comes up through the fork holes. If you're trying to eliminate all wind, look into the fork wind blockers.
    X2, no whistling from my Madstad but will agree the stock seat sucks, tried 4 different ones before Hartco solved my seat problem.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike