Hopnel Tank Bag with Map Holder for GL1800 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hopnel Tank Bag with Map Holder for GL1800

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    You got it, it mounts in two ways there is a collar which goes under and through the steering. That fastens itself with velcro and also has a strip of velcro that is exposed. The you attach the bag to that so if you need to get into the glove box you just rip it up and access the box. There are 2 little stick squares that attach to the tank but that's for stability but it's not going anywhere once you have that collar on. PM me your address I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow, even if it doesn't work out pass it on. Don't ever think you're taking advantage of your vet status, how do you repay someone who sacrifices their life for others? I think the scales are way in your favor.
    Thanks! Address on the way.

I want to extend my gratitude to taxfree4 for the Hopnel "tank" bag! Thank you very much!

I finally figured out how to mount it so I wanted to share with you and others to check it out. I had to pull up the dash and remove two screws by the key to get the strap under where it's supposed to go. The strap was too long so I tied it in a knot and the knot is hidden under the plastic. The base is held on by inserting the tabs into the gas filler and velcro holds it at the top. Then the bag sits on top of the base. Pretty cool. If you pull the top off you can get gas and if you want to use the drink holder just leave it off. Here's some pics.

Attachment 11865 Attachment 11866 Attachment 11867 Attachment 11868 Attachment 11869

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I want to extend my gratitude to taxfree4 for the Hopnel "tank" bag! Thank you very much!

I finally figured out how to mount it so I wanted to share with you and others to check it out. I had to pull up the dash and remove two screws by the key to get the strap under where it's supposed to go. The strap was too long so I tied it in a knot and the knot is hidden under the plastic. The base is held on by inserting the tabs into the gas filler and velcro holds it at the top. Then the bag sits on top of the base. Pretty cool. If you pull the top off you can get gas and if you want to use the drink holder just leave it off. Here's some pics.

Attachment 11865 Attachment 11866 Attachment 11867 Attachment 11868 Attachment 11869
    Bobby,
    What is that knob next to the keyhole? Is that a mount of some sort?

I finally figured out how to mount it so I wanted to share with you and others to check it out. I had to pull up the dash and remove two screws by the key to get the strap under where it's supposed to go. The strap was too long so I tied it in a knot and the knot is hidden under the plastic. The base is held on by inserting the tabs into the gas filler and velcro holds it at the top. Then the bag sits on top of the base. Pretty cool. If you pull the top off you can get gas and if you want to use the drink holder just leave it off.
    Bobby,
    I'd like to have "first right of refusal" if you ever decide to part with it.
    Thanks,
    Tim

Awesome thread, way to go guys!

Hope you get some good use out of that Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    "We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give".

- Winston Churchill
    Diggin it.

Bobby,
    What is that knob next to the keyhole? Is that a mount of some sort?
    I'm glad you asked. It's a cool phone mounting system called Quad Lock. I didn't like my phone on the bars so I stick it right there. When locked its at an angle so the bars don't hit it.

http://www.quadlockcase.com

I have one on my Sportster and on the dashboard of my work truck.

Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    Bobby,
    I'd like to have "first right of refusal" if you ever decide to part with it.
    Thanks,
    Tim

I'm glad you asked. It's a cool phone mounting system called Quad Lock. I didn't like my phone on the bars so I stick it right there. When locked its at an angle so the bars don't hit it.

http://www.quadlockcase.com

I have one on my Sportster and on the dashboard of my work truck.
    Looking on that website it looks like you have the adhesive mount with 6-8 Gauge screw

Looking on that website it looks like you have the adhesive mount with 6-8 Gauge screw
    I only use the tape. Screw is optional. The tape is the really good 3M stuff.