Luggage fitment - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luggage fitment

No sorry, I meant luggage. I have the OEM rack installed and the OEM passenger backrest with the raised option. Is kind of hard to find a bag that fits the backrest because of the shape.

I have a similar bag but I need something bigger. My trip is going to be about a month and a half.

Unfortunately I have the OEM rack and I don't think the box would fit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    I have a similar bag but I need something bigger. My trip is going to be about a month and a half.
    I also purchased the 58L Oxford DryStash Bag: https://www.cyclegear.com/accessorie...sku_id=1289435
    I haven't received it yet, although I'm planning some longer trips and I figure I can either put one bag on the seat and the other on the rack, or stack them. Rok straps are great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Giving me more ideas. I've been looking for a hard box to mount on my MP3 rack for the longest.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hi guys. Thanks for all the help. I actually, specially due to time constraints, decided to buy the BR3400 Saddlemen back seat/Sissy Bar bag. I would like to know if anyone has one of those on their sissy bars and if they fit fine. I called the manufacturer and they told me the space that wraps around the passenger back rest is 13". The width on mine is 12.5" so it should fit perfect, if the info is correct that is. That should give me plenty of space for what I need. I have been looking at videos and is really hard to tell whether it fits or not because every video is for Harley bikes with no sissy bar or with smaller backrest. I haven't seen a single video of an F6B with one of these bags.

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    Hi guys. Thanks for all the help. I actually, specially due to time constraints, decided to buy the BR3400 Saddlemen back seat/Sissy Bar bag. I would like to know if anyone has one of those on their sissy bars and if they fit fine. I called the manufacturer and they told me the space that wraps around the passenger back rest is 13". The width on mine is 12.5" so it should fit perfect, if the info is correct that is. That should give me plenty of space for what I need. I have been looking at videos and is really hard to tell whether it fits or not because every video is for Harley bikes with no sissy bar or with smaller backrest. I haven't seen a single video of an F6B with one of these bags.
    I read your posts and you seem to be really focused on attaching the bag to the passenger backrest. I think you'd be surprised how little wind hits back there behind you and the windshield.

IMHO...The bottom four metal D rings should allow attachment DOWN to the luggage rack. If you "at a minimum" attach the two forward most corners of the bag to the front of the luggage rack, the bags not going anywhere. Adding the backrest strap really just keep the bag from slipping around a few inches in all directions.

These bags comes with tie down straps but I've changed to Velcro straps that loop back on themselves. Even found some with metal clips that I attach to the D rings then wrap the Velcro around the attachment point on the bike.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

[QUOTE=SeaSteve;188592]I read your posts and you seem to be really focused on attaching the bag to the passenger backrest. I think you'd be surprised how little wind hits back there behind you and the windshield.

IMHO...The bottom four metal D rings should allow attachment DOWN to the luggage rack. If you "at a minimum" attach the two forward most corners of the bag to the front of the luggage rack, the bags not going anywhere. Adding the backrest strap really just keep the bag from slipping around a few inches in all directions.

These bags comes with tie down straps but I've changed to Velcro straps that loop back on themselves. Even found some with metal clips that I attach to the D rings then wrap the Velcro around the attachment point on the bike.

I have another bag that is going to be on the passenger seat. I used that bag for a country trip but the other bag that I had is gone now. I was on a VTX 1800F back then. I use a bag on the rack on the F6B but is not big enough, and I don't really want to go the way of top cases right now, so I hope the BR3400 works well.
    Last edited by perohijo; 05-20-2022 at 10:47 AM. Reason: fix errors

“Lady Friend “??? You are dating yourself. I haven’t heard that in over 20 years… I’m married for 34 years, but glad there are some of us still out here. Ride safe.

Saddle bags, backpacks, carries, tan bags or back rack bags are essential while commuting on long roads; you can get perfect bags either from online or physical stores.
    Last edited by ridinglearn; 12-14-2023 at 03:01 PM.