Hi honey we're home
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi honey we're home

Hi honey we're home

WOOHOO,

Picked up the Baby today, brand spanking new 2014 Candy Apple Red Goldwing GL 1800 and rode her home 300 odd Kilometres.
    Came down the freeway with the stereo blasting.....what a buzz.
    still cant wipe the smile of my face, even after spending the next 1.5 hours polishing her with Mr Sheen.

Sorry guys decided to get the full Wing instead of the F6B even though it was a hard decision, and I love the F6B styling, the Wing won because of the extra bits and pieces,and I'm getting soft in my later years
    have booked her in for Monday to get her first 1000 Kilometre service,

WOOHOO, I'm like a kid again.......wont get any sleep tonight

Now.......where can I ride to after the service....mmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Fire View Post
    Now.......where can I ride to after the service....mmmmmmm
    How about Dairy Queen or your local Bingo parlor?

You may want to look at the owners manual. First service at 4,000 miles. Do check your tire pressure, that is something they seem to miss. Even more so if the bike has been sitting out on the show room floor.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    How about Dairy Queen or your local Bingo parlor?

Easy easy easy .... not everyone that owns a Goldwing is an old fart

I'm in my 40's and truly enjoy my COUCH Rocket No Dairy Queen or Bingo parlors yet

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    You may want to look at the owners manual. First service at 4,000 miles. Do check your tire pressure, that is something they seem to miss. Even more so if the bike has been sitting out on the show room floor.
    Hey! I grew up in Brooklyn Center! 70th & Perry and 63rd & Unity areas. Was there just last year this time.

Anyway, more to the point, my tire pressure was way off when I got The Black home. Glad I thought to check it.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congrats on your new Wing. As mentioned, first service is recommended by Honda at 4K. When I bought my F6 the dealer told me to bring it back at 600 miles for the first service. I told the dealer to look at the Honda recommended service intervals for the F6B. I've been checking the oil regularly and it still looks clean at 3500 miles. I scheduled my first service for next week when I'll have right around 4K. After that I will do my own oil changes.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Congrats on your new Wing. As mentioned, first service is recommended by Honda at 4K. When I bought my F6 the dealer told me to bring it back at 600 miles for the first service. I told the dealer to look at the Honda recommended service intervals for the F6B. I've been checking the oil regularly and it still looks clean at 3500 miles. I scheduled my first service for next week when I'll have right around 4K. After that I will do my own oil changes.
    I was thinking of doing my own oil change at 4k and let the dealer do the rest to save money. Think that will work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I may be wrong but isn't it true that the first oil change shud be done at 500 miles. I've done that on all new motorcycles. When I bought f6B I was talking to the service manager about first service and I told him I'll be back at 4 k. But he told me first service has to be done at 500 miles. And after that every 4k miles. I had paid for 3 yrs service when I bought the bike. So obviously he was not going to make any money off me by asking me to come early on oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I may be wrong but isn't it true that the first oil change shud be done at 500 miles. I've done that on all new motorcycles. When I bought f6B I was talking to the service manager about first service and I told him I'll be back at 4 k. But he told me first service has to be done at 500 miles. And after that every 4k miles. I had paid for 3 yrs service when I bought the bike. So obviously he was not going to make any money off me by asking me to come early on oil change.
    People here are saying first service at 4k. That's how I read my manual too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Honda recommends first service at 4K and every 8K thereafter for oil changes. It's in your owners manual. If you already prepaid for the services and your dealer wants to do it earlier then no harm done. Lots of folks change the oil earlier out of habit.