F6B To The Dark Side - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: F6B To The Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Miles:

Calm yourself The post was not directed at you It was to give folks a clear visual on CT tread wear

Here's a short video worth viewing!

Oh, I am calm. And I did not "think" that post was "directed" at me, I was just commenting on it, in a very calm voice (fingers)

BTW, that short video was a waste of 1 minute and 31 seconds of my time. That shows very little, and provides zero information about speed, sidewall thrust, etc.

I will contact Daniel and see if he can shed any light on this subject.

Daniel Meyer web site

I would strongly suggest you personally contact Daniel Meyer ( Life is a Road ). A Engineer, who has accumulated more CT motorcycle riding miles than any other person I'm aware of! I do believe you and him have a shared interest in "high frequency" riding. His miles, of course on CT's. Check him out! He's published several books on the subject

If anyone can enlighten you, I'll bet it would be it would be him!

Bob, I went to the link about Daniel Meyer, and I have to say, I was very much unimpressed with his riding history and experience. He most certainly is NOT my counterpart, as you have stated he would be. This gentle giant from Texas, as of 3 years ago, has about 1/3 the total mileage I do, and while be has shown to be a qualified "writer", that does not equate to being a qualified rider.

I think I will look elsewhere. I know of a couple riders that do ride very seriously, that do run CT's, and I will talk to them.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Miles, I wish I was able to ride as many miles as you do every year.

I play the Lottery every week hoping to land my Riding Sponsorship

CT

Miles I know of no one with as many as you have !
    I would fall asleep riding as many miles as you do .
    I have no idea how you do it brother it's just awesome.
    After a few hours I want to stop and get some coolaide !
    I have 2 years & 6 months till I retire my wife thinks I am
    Going to leave & never come back but she ain't getting off that easy.
    She wants a motor home ! not me I just want to ride get the hell out of Fl.

Hey Miles--

I'm certainly not going to try to argue your point about possible weakening of the CT sidewalls over time but do you really think we load these tires enough to cause that kind of problem? I don't really know the answer but after all, we're talking about car tires built to handle who knows what kind of abuse including sliding sideways in a 4000 lb. vehicle which has to put an extreme amount of stress on the tire and we're using them on bikes and simply leaning over. You raise one of the most interesting points I've heard on this subject but my gut feeling (and that sure isn't scientific) is that a good quality, performance CT can handle anything we can throw at it. I ran a Michelin Pilot Sport CT on my Rocket III and was real happy with it but didn't put enough miles on it to observe any problems. So again, I don't know the facts about long term safety but it is something to consider.

WOW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Bob, I went to the link about Daniel Meyer, and I have to say, I was very much unimpressed with his riding history and experience. He most certainly is NOT my counterpart, as you have stated he would be. This gentle giant from Texas, as of 3 years ago, has about 1/3 the total mileage I do, and while be has shown to be a qualified "writer", that does not equate to being a qualified rider.

I think I will look elsewhere. I know of a couple riders that do ride very seriously, that do run CT's, and I will talk to them.
    Miles:

With all due respect your ego is starting to surpass all common sense When I offer up a Forum which has 680+ riders who have captured and consolidated CT data, you claim it's merely their opinions Give you info on a rider who is a Engineer, Author and Pilot and has 100,000 miles of CT riding on a Valk and you infer that he's not a qualified rider Give you any number of videos on the subject of CT on cycles or CT UTQG Testing and it's dismissed as malarkey In ending I do hope that you share whoever those "very serious riders" are! I'd be personally interested in their names and the forums they contribute to. I know! I know! If you tell me their names you'll have to shoot me! I'm partial to .357 Hollow Points

Cordially

"Long In The Tooth Bob"

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    Miles I know of no one with as many as you have !
    I would fall asleep riding as many miles as you do .
    I have no idea how you do it brother it's just awesome.
    After a few hours I want to stop and get some coolaide !
    I have 2 years & 6 months till I retire my wife thinks I am
    Going to leave & never come back but she ain't getting off that easy.
    She wants a motor home ! not me I just want to ride get the hell out of Fl.
    MustangJake, long distance riding is not for everyone. There are times that I really wish I could simply ride 100 miles for the day, and be satisfied. At times...it is as much a curse, as it is a blessing. But it is also very lonely. After 29 years in the IBA...quite frankl;y I am tired of the long distance miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Hey Miles--

I'm certainly not going to try to argue your point about possible weakening of the CT sidewalls over time but do you really think we load these tires enough to cause that kind of problem? I don't really know the answer but after all, we're talking about car tires built to handle who knows what kind of abuse including sliding sideways in a 4000 lb. vehicle which has to put an extreme amount of stress on the tire and we're using them on bikes and simply leaning over. You raise one of the most interesting points I've heard on this subject but my gut feeling (and that sure isn't scientific) is that a good quality, performance CT can handle anything we can throw at it. I ran a Michelin Pilot Sport CT on my Rocket III and was real happy with it but didn't put enough miles on it to observe any problems. So again, I don't know the facts about long term safety but it is something to consider.
    Hornblower, you make some good points. It is not the load on the sidewalls trhat concerns me, it is the stress caused by flexing the sidewalls. And...I am not at all certain about my concerns. They are just...concerns...that I am looking for the right answers to eliminate my concerns. Everyday I get a little more willing to try a CT, and a little less skeptical, but before I put my life on the line, I would like to have more knowledge on the subject.

Miles:

With all due respect your ego is starting to surpass all common sense:"Long In The Tooth Bob"
    Then it is time that I leave this thread, and seek my info on this subject matter elsewhere.