Corbin vs Daylong

Thread: Corbin vs Daylong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Corbin seats suck, HUGH !!!!! I have purchased three, all over $1K...and they all suck !!!!!

Try Ultimate, if you don't like it mail it back!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Corbin seats suck, HUGH !!!!! I have purchased three, all over $1K...and they all suck !!!!!

Try Ultimate, if you don't like it mail it back!
    Tell us how you REALLY feel Steve.

It took THREE???

I like mine, I didn't pay the new price though.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

shooter
    I have a Corbin on my M109R and its great. I've had multiple 400 mile days with no problem. I couldn't do 200 on the stocker. I've sat on Davids Corbin. Its hard. It moved me forward probably an inch or more and down probably an inch. That's why I didn't buy one. David I think the Mustang seat drops you down an inch. That may be a consideration.

The M109R Corbin seat

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I have a Corbin on my M109R and its great. I've had multiple 400 mile days with no problem. I couldn't do 200 on the stocker. I've sat on Davids Corbin. Its hard. It moved me forward probably an inch or more and down probably an inch. That's why I didn't buy one. David I think the Mustang seat drops you down an inch. That may be a consideration.
    I liked my Corbin on the Suzuki also and it did take some time to break it in. I almost went with them on the F6B but Big Larry talked me into buying a Russell Day Long and I was so impressed with the seat right from the start. There was no break-in as it was comfortable right from day one. I sent them everything they ask for in height, leg length, picture of myself on the bike and sent them the stock seat and was just amazed that they could produce the nicest seat I ever owned from 2000 miles away with just the measurements and pictures. Very impressed with the results. The expense I didn't like was the freight charge from Michigan to California, which was $130 bucks but they rebuilt the seat and shipped it back to my door for $654 dollars total. I don't have a rear passenger002.jpg so I just had them concentrate on the driver seat and just did it in their very best vinyl. Which I also was impressed with, the seat is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I liked my Corbin on the Suzuki also and it did take some time to break it in. I almost went with them on the F6B but Big Larry talked me into buying a Russell Day Long and I was so impressed with the seat right from the start. There was no break-in as it was comfortable right from day one. I sent them everything they ask for in height, leg length, picture of myself on the bike and sent them the stock seat and was just amazed that they could produce the nicest seat I ever owned from 2000 miles away with just the measurements and pictures. Very impressed with the results. The expense I didn't like was the freight charge from Michigan to California, which was $130 bucks but they rebuilt the seat and shipped it back to my door for $654 dollars total. I don't have a rear passengerAttachment 18590 so I just had them concentrate on the driver seat and just did it in their very best vinyl. Which I also was impressed with, the seat is gorgeous.
    Is the stitching waterproof?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Is the stitching waterproof?
    To quote the FAQ on the RDL site.

"Waterproof Cover

Q. You say that even your vinyl covers are not 100% waterproof because of the sewing machine needle holes. I’ve heard there is a way to make your Saddle waterproof by installing a layer of plastic or other waterproof material between the seat cover and the foam inside. Is this the best way to address this problem?

A. It is true that the sewing machine needle holes even in a vinyl cover render the material less than 100% waterproof. This is generally not a big problem because the holes are tiny and will not let much water pass through. Of course, if a bike is left standing in a downpour and water is allowed to puddle in the low spots of the saddle for very long then some water is going to have time to seep through the needle holes. Once this happens it will take a long time for the internal foam to dry out. None of this will cause damage to the vinyl, and the only possible damage to the foam innards is if the wet condition is allowed to persist until mold or mildew develops. If a saddle does get wet inside take it off the bike and stand it on end in a corner for a couple days, the water will gradually drain out of the foam. As always, an ounce of prevention=a pound of cure!

We’ve spent a good deal of time exploring various ways of water proofing our seat covers, including the one you mentioned. In the final analysis nothing compares with the flexibility, simplicity and effectiveness of utilizing the external rain cover which also provides additional benefits such as protection against sunlight, dust, morning dew, spillage, etc. The rain cover is made so that you can ride with it in place, and it provides all these benefits whether your Saddle is covered in vinyl, velour or leather."
    http://www.day-long.com/faqs/

I have never had any problems with a wet saddle since I'm setting on it when riding in the rain and the whole bike is covered when I'm not on it and it rains.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Tell us how you REALLY feel Steve.

It took THREE???

I like mine, I didn't pay the new price though.

Oh I knew after the first one, my wife on the other hand was not convinced until after the third !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com