2 1.46%
  • Vance and Hines

5 3.65%
  • Brock’s Performance

0 0%

Thread: Exhaust Poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh and to add... I have Loopz which I had on the OEM mufflers then I installed the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde pipes with the Loopz. I never had any drone before or after I eliminated the crossover pipe and Cats.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Oh and to add... I have Loopz which I had on the OEM mufflers then I installed the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde pipes with the Loopz. I never had any drone before or after I eliminated the crossover pipe and Cats.
    I have a theory about the drone. Got a riding buddy that I ride with occasionally. Couple years ago he told me something interesting. He says when he rides with me he doesn't have the drone. When he rides by himself he has it. I've never had it. I know for a fact when he rides alone he rides slow. I think he lugs the bike all the time. I don't know about you guys but I don't think I have to have the bike in fifth gear all the time. When I'm on secondary roads I sometimes don't go above fourth unless it's a long straight stretch. We don't have too many of those. I think the more spirited you ride might be less chance of the drone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I have a theory about the drone. Got a riding buddy that I ride with occasionally. Couple years ago he told me something interesting. He says when he rides with me he doesn't have the drone. When he rides by himself he has it. I've never had it. I know for a fact when he rides alone he rides slow. I think he lugs the bike all the time. I don't know about you guys but I don't think I have to have the bike in fifth gear all the time. When I'm on secondary roads I sometimes don't go above fourth unless it's a long straight stretch. We don't have too many of those. I think the more spirited you ride might be less chance of the drone.
    +1 When your on the throttle, there is no drone. Just the sweet sound of the "6" doing it's job. These bikes should almost never be in 5th gear in corners, unless it's a big long sweeper. 3rd and 4th takes care of crooked roads. I ride with ear plugs and a full face, so, exhaust noise doesn't much bother me.