New Member - 2014 Wing owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member - 2014 Wing owner

shooter
    Me and Duke will be ready Tony. We're getting in Sunday so we can rest up. Duke's old. Plus he's riding 1400+ miles in three days. Me , I'm only riding 400 but I like to rest up.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    That's what we like Monk. An experienced local eating expert. OK in exchange for good info we are gonna let you out of the BBQ this time. Sorry Stro. He's just too nice of a guy.
    Thank you ... I appreciate it!!!

Since you let me off the hook here is a offer. And since you are arriving early ... we could go on a tour of a couple of the best twisty roads in the state? But I have to worn you ...be sure you will be ready to lean left, lean right, lean .... and continue all day long!!

Got to work up a good appetite ... although I don't think that will be necessary in your case.
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

shooter
    On their home page Tony they show a bunch of bikes in front of the establishment. Must be biker friendly.

Crap, I wanted to see his outhouse. Guess BBQ in a reserved setting will do. Guess I am going to leave at dawn Tuesday to get the grub.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I can see that this is gonna be a ridin and eatin trip....just what I like the most.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Thank you ... I appreciate it!!!

Since you let me off the hook here is a offer. And since you are arriving early ... we could go on a tour of a couple of the best twisty roads in the state? But I have to worn you ...be sure you will be ready to lean left, lean right, lean .... and continue all day long!!
    Monk I appreciate the offer but I rode hwy 7 from Harrison to Russellville twice in October and I've been thru Beaver on the way from Branson to Eureka Springs 4 times. I'll be on7 again in June as we will be inBranson for five days with family. Four of us and our wives , two brother in laws and a nephew , will be on a riding vacation.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard, Bobby, glad to have your knowledge on this forum.

Monk knows these Arkansas roads like the back of his hand, and he is an excellent ride leader and pretty good guy to boot...he also knows every decent place to eat!
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
    Welcome aboard, Bobby, glad to have your knowledge on this forum.

Monk knows these Arkansas roads like the back of his hand, and he is an excellent ride leader and pretty good guy to boot...he also knows every decent place to eat!
    Thank you Jim ... look foreward to riding with you again!!

I would like everyone to know that I do have something of an agenda! I am a twisty road guy ... nothing like a good twisty road to stimulate the heart and soul!! So often, I meet people who have or who are riding the Ozarks. They describe where they've been and where they are going and most of the time their rides do not include the really good stuff.

That is not to say, they are not having a good time. But there is so much more! I would like the opportunity to share as many of them as possible in the time available. That can be in the form of riding with you or it can be some type of programmed route from Google. It doesn't matter.

e.g., I met a guy from Texas last Spring at the rest area on Highway 7. We decided to cut a diagonal to the northeast to Push Mountain. After we finished, he told me, "I had no idea there were roads like that in Arkanas" So, that is it ... my agenda ... to share as many as possible and hopefully you return home with a big smile and good memories!!

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Full Traxxion
    IBA # 42128

shooter
    Stro I talked to Monk and he sent me a picture of his outhouse. According to close friends and neighbors one of the finest outhouses in the county and I quote. Thanks MonkAttachment 18401

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Stro I talked to Monk and he sent me a picture of his outhouse. According to close friends and neighbors one of the finest outhouses in the county and I quote. Thanks MonkAttachment 18401

Really ... for the most part, those things went the way of the Sears Catalog!

But I do remember my first use of indoor facilities. No more worries about snakes and such!!

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Full Traxxion
    IBA # 42128