Gumby, I hear ya...and support ya...but the first two questions that come to my mind are:

Where do you live ? State and closest big city ?

And what it the last 4 of your VIN ?

To "me", those are important pieces of information that need to be asked. The WHERE...as it may possibly relate to wear indicators such as salty air, dry, arrid conditions, etc,, etc. The VIN...as it may possibly relate to a pattern shown by many other bikes with a grouping of VIN's close to yours.

Personally...I have owned a LOT of Honda product, and I have no doubt at all that Honda will cover such items. I will say that I never had these kinds of issues with any of my 5 previous Wings...3 of which were 1800 Wings...but things have changed...painting methods have changed, and suppliers have changed, especially since the Wing production loine was moved from Ohio to Japan.

I spoke on the phone last Friday...2 days ago...with Honda customer service again regarding the paint issue, just as a reminder...do not forget me for "whenever" Honda does get around to fixing the problem. The employee did acknowledge that Honda is well aware of the problem, and is still gathering info...to determine a resolution.

It is VERY important that each and every one of the F6B owners that has bad paint...contact Honda to file the complaint officially.

So, Gumby, for my own personal info needs, where do you live, and what are your VIN last 4 ?