Tire Repair Kit? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Repair Kit?

Greg never even being to Maine in their lifetime,
    HaHaHa
    Actually one of my favorite Maine stories goes back to 1990 when H-D introduced the then new "Fat Boy" which went on to be a big seller for them. We pulled into the H-D dealer outside Bangor. It was a barn, not a boutique dealer like most all became by the end of the decade. I walked up to the salesman/boss/owner/service manager and asked "what a-yah think of the new Fat Boy". He proceeded to throw me the keys and said "tell me what YOU think". I was stunned, since that sort of thing would not have happened back home in California. Those days ended way before 1990, if they ever existed at all. So he jumped on a yet to be delivered Police FLHTP and led me on a nice ride through the Maine countryside. Good memory.
    Greg

I know a few guys, myself included, who use this product. I also carry a plug kit with c02 cartridges as back up in the event I have a leak that the Ride On doesn't stop.

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    You can buy a Tire Plug Kit at almost any Auto Store or Wally World for less than $10.00. They are small in size and absolutely priceless when you need one. I have the Slime Kit which includes a small 12 volt air compressor

Exactly what I use.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flat tire

The last flat I had on my bike knock on wood was 1971 in Tampa off I4 back tire blew , Not sure how I didn't crash I went Up the embankment (because it didn't want to turn) on the side road and rolled back down. That was on my Kawasaki 750 Triple two-stroke, It was a bad machine in its time!
    PS: that was my fifth street bike.
    And probably the reason I have an artificial knee now!