Question about madsad - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about madsad

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Spot on. I also have that shield and its been great. I have the 11" light tint (5'10" - 30" inseam). I have it adjusted up all the way and angled mostly straight up. I have a Corbin so I sit a little lower than stock but usually ride with beads or airhawk so probably a wash. The top of the screen aligns with mid nose so I see mostly over the top, otherwise the screen is light enough for good viewing. I ride with a full face but leave the visor open and i get a very gentle airflow around my face even at highway speeds. Functional Beauty.
    I just noticed your avatar is a Freewing F4. Do you fly RC? I just got back into it after a 10 year hiatus. Picked up a 90mm Venom but it will stay in the shop after I build it until I get the rust off. Not sure how an EDF will do at 5000’ but it was to cool to pass up.

I love my Angry Stad, switched from the 15" to the 11" still no buffeting, great folks to deal with.

The guide says I should use a 17, got one and it was too tall, did a return/swap and got a 13, it was perfect. Put a taller seat and helibars so ordered a 15 and now have both. At 6'2 I look over it a good bit but the air flow it still well over my head, even the 13 still works good. I can still duck down behind it if I have to run in the rain without my full face. Being able to replace or add another size is low cost after you have the base shield. Plus with the base dark and the taller clear it still looks good and really tall shields don't in my opinion. After many miles it is holding up well, no scratches or discoloring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    I just noticed your avatar is a Freewing F4. Do you fly RC? I just got back into it after a 10 year hiatus. Picked up a 90mm Venom but it will stay in the shop after I build it until I get the rust off. Not sure how an EDF will do at 5000’ but it was to cool to pass up.
    Not into the RC, it was the best picture of an F4 I could find.

I had a Mad sad on my super tenere and now my F6B. No buffeting. Love it.
    A5694BD2-DD8E-4117-8E18-B06D8CEABB20.jpg

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    MadSad is ugly. I have 60k miles on 3 different F6Bs. I put the 11 inch Dark Tint Baggershield on all three. I slid it all the way up in the mounting holes...so its probably more like a 12 inch. I am 5'10 with a 34 inseam. Riding the stock seat. No buffeting whatsoever. Not even at 120 mph. Its a thick windsheild. The company also sent me a free replacement after the last one I ordered showed up with the box chewed up and a slight scratch on one extreme edge. Told me to keep that one and they would put a new one in the mail. 3 days later I had a new one on the doorstep. A great product and a great business model. I will always be loyal to that kind of business.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Not into the RC, it was the best picture of an F4 I could find.
    Top 5 jets of all time.

That 90mm will fly fine at 5000ft elevation.I have been flying RC for 40 years mostly large scale aerobatic planes with gas engines.Last year I got into EDF's and I love it.I have a Freewing 90mm Stinger,80mm Avanti and a 70mm Yak.All fly well at my 4800 ft elevation.The Avanti is a great first EDF jet-almost flys itself.Only drawback is the 3.5 minute flight times.Just remember at your elevation your sink rate is high and with a EDF you must fly it to the ground.
    As far as the Madsad I am 6'4" with a 32inch inseam on the stock seat.I have the 15" screen and set to the middle I just look over the top and it works GREAT.Best windscreen I have been behind in 50 years of riding.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    That 90mm will fly fine at 5000ft elevation.I have been flying RC for 40 years mostly large scale aerobatic planes with gas engines.Last year I got into EDF's and I love it.I have a Freewing 90mm Stinger,80mm Avanti and a 70mm Yak.All fly well at my 4800 ft elevation.The Avanti is a great first EDF jet-almost flys itself.Only drawback is the 3.5 minute flight times.Just remember at your elevation your sink rate is high and with a EDF you must fly it to the ground.
    As far as the Madsad I am 6'4" with a 32inch inseam on the stock seat.I have the 15" screen and set to the middle I just look over the top and it works GREAT.Best windscreen I have been behind in 50 years of riding.
    Thanks for the info. I can already tell these planes are going to cut into my firearm purchases.

Top 5 jets of all time.
    you mean real jets or RC?