Klock Werks windshield update! - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks windshield update!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Hmm,,, if the Goldwing version is slotted to enable the OEM height adjustment system to work,,, eh,,, I'd have to see it to understand why it wouldn't work on a 6. There are GL1800 shields on 6's as we speak,,, (Maybe not K-works, but Honda and aftermarket versions.)

If the K-works G-Wing version has only holes, and no slots, that could account for an offset, but with holes only,,, it would be designed to be stationary, and not allow the G-wing owner the ability to adjust his windshield height,,,.

If so, I wonder how many Wing owners will like that???

Dickie, I'm 99% sure someone will take the K-works shield off your hands. You can always post it in the classifieds if you are sure it isn't right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Hmm,,, if the Goldwing version is slotted to enable the OEM height adjustment system to work,,, eh,,, I'd have to see it to understand why it wouldn't work on a 6. There are GL1800 shields on 6's as we speak,,, (Maybe not K-works, but Honda and aftermarket versions.)

If the K-works G-Wing version has only holes, and no slots, that could account for an offset, but with holes only,,, it would be designed to be stationary, and not allow the G-wing owner the ability to adjust his windshield height,,,.

If so, I wonder how many Wing owners will like that???

Dickie, I'm 99% sure someone will take the K-works shield off your hands. You can always post it in the classifieds if you are sure it isn't right for you.
    I'm not really interested in selling it yet. Going to re-drill it and raise it an inch. Install a Mustang seat and Lower me an inch and see how it rides. I like the looks and the low speed air bubble. Got a surgical procedure tomorrow so it will be a few weeks before I find out...........Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I'm not really interested in selling it yet. Going to re-drill it and raise it an inch. Install a Mustang seat and Lower me an inch and see how it rides. I like the looks and the low speed air bubble. Got a surgical procedure tomorrow so it will be a few weeks before I find out...........Dickie
    Good luck with the surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Good luck with the surgery!
    Thank You Everything should be cool............Dickie

Anything special about installing?

I got mine today and will install this weekend. There was nothing else in the package, but when I've watched a few YouTube videos about windshield replacements on the regular wings, there has been additional Velcro or rubber panels. Any of that needed with this shield? Thanks all.

Thank You Everything should be cool............Dickie
    Everything went good. Now sitting here recovering. Should be up and running in a few days. Thanks for your concerns...........Dickie

Everything went good. Now sitting here recovering. Should be up and running in a few days. Thanks for your concerns...........Dickie
    Glad to hear that, OB Hope you recover quickly
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCitiesRider View Post
    I got mine today and will install this weekend. There was nothing else in the package, but when I've watched a few YouTube videos about windshield replacements on the regular wings, there has been additional Velcro or rubber panels. Any of that needed with this shield? Thanks all.
    You shouldn't "need" anything but if there's any gaps by the dash you can fill them in if you want. I used window foam sealer, the kind that comes in a roll and is sticky on one side. I used it with my Baggershield.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    You shouldn't "need" anything but if there's any gaps by the dash you can fill them in if you want. I used window foam sealer, the kind that comes in a roll and is sticky on one side. I used it with my Baggershield.
    Thanks Bobbyf6b. Took all of 5-10 minutes to swap it out today. Highs are around 20 F the next few days, so it looks like I get to wait a little longer to test it out.

Just put my dark smoke Klock Werks shield on the bike. I think I'm gonna like it, haven't ridden with it on yet do to the crappy weather. But I should get some seat time in this weekend.
    It's a nice windscreen for sure. Can't wait to ride with it on.