Heated Grips took a crap. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Heated Grips took a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    Figured out why the right grip failed, wire was pulled out, therefor it lost power. Manufacturer's defect. Wingstuff said they'd send me a new one, but I have to completely take out the old one first, send it back, then they'll send the new one, I can't be without my bike for the week to two weeks it's going to take and I really don't want to have to buy another throttle tube to do this....too much damn work. I figure I'll go with another one, does anyone have a good suggestion for heated grips? Honda no longer makes the OEM one's sadly.
    I would call them back and suggest that as s good business practice, being you bought the product from them, ask them if they could send you the new grip and you can swap them out and send back the old one.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I asked, their response was that I have to pull the entire kit and send it back, once they get it they'll send the new one. The other issue is this kit doesn't have the throttle tube in the grip so I'll have to buy another one of those as well, as well as pay the shop to uninstall and reinstall the entire damn thing again.

I asked, their response was that I have to pull the entire kit and send it back, once they get it they'll send the new one. The other issue is this kit doesn't have the throttle tube in the grip so I'll have to buy another one of those as well, as well as pay the shop to uninstall and reinstall the entire damn thing again.
    I'll never deal with them, obviously they don't know what "customer service" is.

WingStuff's AvatarJoin Date
    Sep 2013

It is a board sponsor!
    Last edited by maxrider; 04-29-2023 at 11:15 PM. Reason: edit

donnez-leur la botte

Agree one could, or be smart about it, and offer a compromise, say charge my credit card for a new one, and when I send back the defective one, you reimburse me the full price.

I have had that once with a vendor who got burned by not getting the defective part sent back, so I can see the logic, or go there in person, it ain't that far away, anyway c'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Agree one could, or be smart about it, and offer a compromise, say charge my credit card for a new one, and when I send back the defective one, you reimburse me the full price.

I have had that once with a vendor who got burned by not getting the defective part sent back, so I can see the logic, or go there in person, it ain't that far away, anyway c'est la vie.
    Agreed, I just don't get it. You're in a customer service business yet act like there is no competition. I've been in retail 40 years and, sometimes, you have to work outside the norm, especially, when it'll result in a happier customer, which is the best advertisement you can get. They pretty much "Bud Lighted" themselves, with me anyway.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post

I called Wingstuff and they said they'd let me purchase new ones and give me a full refund once I sent back the bad one. Now I just need to purchase another throttle tube, and pay the shop to do it again.

I called Wingstuff and they said they'd let me purchase new ones and give me a full refund once I sent back the bad one. Now I just need to purchase another throttle tube, and pay the shop to do it again.
    Not ideal but good for you. If you're going to advertise on a site to garner rider $ and loyalty the least you can do is offer some loyalty, via customer service over and above the norm, to the riders of that site. A little gesture goes a long way.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 05-05-2023 at 12:53 PM.