Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS

Thread: Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS

Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS

Hey all, Just figured I would join the club and mount the Yokohama Avid Envigor in 195-55-16 flavor. I'm running around 34-36psi in it. 32psi feels squishy and 40psi feels very hard to me. But your mileage may very. It also has a very symmetrical tread pattern.

It was definitely a workout getting the tires swapped out but in the end it was worth it I think. No local shops around me would do it so that's why I did it myself. Ill let you know if anything unexpected happens. But I dont see a reason to worry.

Nice tire. I like symmetrical. Will be needing another one for by bike soon.

th-1883282298.jpg

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I have a Yokohama in a 185/60-16. It is the same height and width as the MC tire. Go figure. Its a soft tire.
    Mine felt squishie at 36 psi. I run it at 40.
    When setting on the side stand the edge of the tire is pushed down flat about 2".
    And it does take some getting used to in corners. But I'm not an aggressive rider.
    Luckily, My local goodyear dealer is a MC/Darkside rider. And they stock balancing beads. But their $11 an ounce.
    So they change MC tires a lot.
    Their in Salem Ohio.
    Last edited by tenxxx; 05-26-2023 at 08:39 PM.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I would ask them why so much for the beads? You can buy the counteract brand at Napa for $8 / 4ozs

I bought 40oz on line for 26 bucks from ebay.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Alright guys, a question for the hive mind.

Ive noticed that on the interstate, the ass end feel less stable. If I get caught up in wind buffeting from trucks, it feels like I start to get an oscillation from the rear. I ride through it and pass the truck when I can, but its a very uneasy feeling.

Im running at 40psi on the rear, and 40 on the front stocker. I'll be changing the front tire during the offseason because its getting pretty low on tread.

Suggesting?