Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ? - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the place.
    Last time we had lunch at a brewery where the food was excellent, I can't remember the name of it nor can I find it.
    Willtill do you remember ?
    I do remember the place you are talking about. I remember enjoying the LARGEST pretzel I have had to there, to date. Just can't remember the particulars. Been quite awhile. Maybe we'll find it again

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I remember that pretzel but cant remember the name of the pub or the town. It was an old industrial town....train tracks, smokestacks

Trying to compile a list of possible places to ride
    The Dragon and Cherohala Skyway on Friday, Blue Ridge Parkway, Maggie Valley and Wheels Through Time on Saturday.

Places to eat ? Suggestions. I've already mentioned Cafe Rel in Franklin....
    Ironworks - at the TN end of Cherohala. Nice spot on the river, good burgers and last night they had Steak and Catfish as specials. Bands on Friday/saturday.

I'm not sure if this is the place.
    Last time we had lunch at a brewery where the food was excellent, I can't remember the name of it nor can I find it.
    Willtill do you remember ?
    I don't think you'd forget this place ( Bogarts ) being a local hot spot. It is still open as it has been around for several years. I've only had dinner there but go hungry and thirsty.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    I don't think you'd forget this place ( Bogarts ) being a local hot spot. It is still open as it has been around for several years. I've only had dinner there but go hungry and thirsty.
    Hmmmm, I don't think this was it. If memory serves me right, there was either a canal or small river on the back of the property and it was a small brewery also.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

The restaurant is on the Cherohala Skyway.... Ski beach or something like that... Hamburger shack....

My room is reserved I should be there......Steve
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I do remember the place you are talking about. I remember enjoying the LARGEST pretzel I have had to there, to date. Just can't remember the particulars. Been quite awhile. Maybe we'll find it again

I Think I found it.... It's in Maggie Valley..... Take a look and see if this jogs anyones memory.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...7&ff=466201686

https://www.bearwatersbrewing.com/

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Last summer when I was in Maggie Valley I had supper there a couple of times. Good food. It is a busy place that does have a couple of side rooms for groups. I sat at the rail outside to listen to the sounds of the brook that runs past as I eat dinner.

My room is booked!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Gentlemen, PLEASE book your room if you have not already done so.

13 so far

Blackmetoc
    Phantom and Wife
    F6Pilot
    Farside F6B
    Fla_rider
    JohnnyB and wife
    ReserveBum
    ZZ54
    SevenTwenty
    Six2go
    Willtill