Body armor - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Body armor

I recently highsided off my Shadow on the 19th of December. Due to the low speed, which was less than 30mph, I did not roll when I hit. I hit squarely on my shoulder, fracturing my clavicle where it connects to the shoulder blade in the back. I went in for x-rays twice, and just had my second CT scan today. The tech asked me what I did to "smash up my shoulder so bad", so I am thinking that, when I go back to Orthopedics on Friday, the Doc will have more bad news for me.

I was wearing a River Road leather jacket with "armor" in the shoulders, elbows, and back. As it turns out, the "armor" was foam. Had I been wearing a jacket with actual CE-level armor, the damage might have been less. I have since ordered a Rev'It Sand 3 jacket, as I wanted an "all-in-one" for all season riding, and it has CE-2 armor. It ships in March, so if I am back on the bike by then I will let you know how it works out.

Oh man bummer about your shoulder. Hope it heals fast and well!

Olympia Motorsports Avenger suit. One piece, mesh, flows a ton of air, great protection, and packs down really small. Best part is it keeps my clothes clean when I ride. I can wear anything under it (shorts to a suit) and look great when I arrive - and am fully protected at the same time, too. Held Air-and-Dry gloves, Dainese Fulcrum boots, and a Schuberth C3 Pro round it out.

I'd like to wear a full length riding suit.. but just can't find a size that fits me well. Either too short or too long.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Safety gear? We're supposed to wear safety gear? How come nobody ever told me this before!?!

Quote Originally Posted by StonedInNy View Post
    http://www.aerostich.com/suits/one-p...iece-suit.html

This suit is very comfortable wear regular clothing under it, and it zips off very easy.
    Yep, nothing like a 'Stich, but JEEBUS does it get hot on the F6B above 90 degrees. Not enough airflow to keep the sweat from piling up.

Finding it funny to read about armor clothing, Never gave it much of a thought until now. NOW that Mrs & I were hit last Sept & are home recovering. Funny She was telling me about the BOHN just a couple weeks ago.

I never even had a jacket on, The smallest still legal DOT approved helmet. Damn lucky!
    Not sure what I will be wearing, but I will be wearing something more protective, I have riding pants but the knee pads sag , always an excuse but after you go down the first time you think differently.

I Like the BOHN body armor, wondering if this is the only company making under armor?
    Grasp Life By The Handlebars

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    Oh man bummer about your shoulder. Hope it heals fast and well!
    Thanks...it's getting better now. I still have some range of motion loss, so started physical therapy. Today was the first day that I was able to get back on the bike and move the handlebars without too much pain, so I was able to ride to work. I go to the Doc tomorrow to find out the results of the CT scan.

Olympia gear. It's about time to replace it but I went down in 2011 with it on and I still wear it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitulu View Post
    Thanks...it's getting better now. I still have some range of motion loss, so started physical therapy. Today was the first day that I was able to get back on the bike and move the handlebars without too much pain, so I was able to ride to work. I go to the Doc tomorrow to find out the results of the CT scan.
    Get the hottest physical therapist you can!
    Because you won't go through pain for anything less.
    Been there, done that.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce