Why did you choose the F6B? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why did you choose the F6B?

I've been riding a 2008 BMW K1200GT for the past six years. It qualifies as a "sport-tourer." I traded in my 2005 ST1300 for it because of its vastly superior suspension and I still feel certain that no other manufacturer provides a bike with a suspension that comes close. I also owned a 2004 Gold Wing for five years but gave up on it for the same reason I gave up on the ST1300 - its suspension went bust after 20,000 miles (and installing the full Traxxion kit on it only improved its steering precision, not its harshness; the same went for the ST after I swapped out its stock front suspension for a highly touted aftermarket set-up).

I loved the Wing for its many strong points, but the eventual harshness of the suspension became the deal breaker. (Admittedly, the poor quality of the road surfaces up here in Canada was a big factor; if I lived in the US and rode mostly south of the frost line, I might well still have the Wing.)

But now, as I approach my 68th birthday, ergonomic comfort - especially in the knees - is becoming the dominant factor for me. I cannot attach acceptable highway pegs to the BMW but I know that the F6B, because of its slightly narrower lowers, will accept such pegs that will be even more user-friendly than they were on the Wing. I also know from my experience with the Wing that its stock windshield (which can be fitted to the F6B) offers a very quiet and relatively still air pocket at a height that I can still look over.

So the F6B should be a no-brainer for me. ...If only I could have more confidence in the longevity of its suspension quality....

My last three bikes were 98 Valkyrie Standard, 10 C-14, and a 12 Wing. I think this bike F6B has the best of each of them. The look like the Valk, Sporty like the C-14, and touring Like the wing. Not as good as any of them in each thing buy close to each and a wide range of what's it is good at.

why did you choose the f6b

torque,horsepower,roll on power on the free way for passing any thing,comfort,reliability.....motorcycle jambs across the desert,jams up the mountain passes,cuts real nice through the canyons for such a big bike....so glad I bought this bike....cant say enough about how much I love this machiene!!!!!friend who rides with us just purchased a brand new bmw 1600 gt,his health is not very good, so how much he rides remains to be seen.....ill keep the forumposted in regard to reliability issues he encounters with his bike for comparison.....two days ago I rode my f6b 325 miles out for a day ride,when I got home I felt great,easy smooth fast ride......perfect platform for me.....depends on what you are looking for in a motorcycle......to each his own,as they say......ride it hard and put it away dirty....later

Styling caught my eye first, felt right sitting on it in the showroom, and looking for a different riding experience than sticking with the HD touring offerings.
    '88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Had 99 Valk Tourer that I rode for 6 years and got hooked on the flat 6 motor.....

Did it look like this? I always got a kick doing the nickel show in front of my Harley buddies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to ride a GoldWing back in the days (1200 and 1500), in Europe. I knew on day I will get a GoldWing again, did not know when. And then the F6 came out and when I saw the beautiful design and look of that bagger, I knew I could not wait any longer... Loved the rear end of this monster, like some american car used to have, just love it !

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I always got a kick doing the nickel show in front of my Harley buddies.
    What's the nickel show?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    What's the nickel show?
    Stand up some nickels on the head and start the engine. Been around for years--- probably works on the B also if you want to impress your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4bwrnQAVxU
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was time to change. After years of Harley and useless dreams, it's time to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Stand up some nickels on the head and start the engine. Been around for years--- probably works on the B also if you want to impress your friends.
    Ahhh, yes. I remember that now. Thanks.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce