2016 Indian Dark Horse - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Indian Dark Horse

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    Please feel free to make more such posts!
    Fill me in .... what are you trying to say on your post ??????

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Speaking of German engineering, the 2015 Indian Scout has a better power-to weight ratio than a Porsche 911 Turbo so although it looks good on the resume' Porsche doesn't always mean better. Having owned, and thoroughly enjoyed, a 2003 Porsche Boxster S with Tiptronic that was a hard thing to say but they still haven't apologized for the 944 which, IMHO was their version of the Yugo.
    I had a 2012 Cayenne "S". Piece of crap. Bought it new. Used a qt. of oil every 600 miles. Didn't think much about it initially, just thought the German's designed it that way and the rings would seat and would stop. Burned so much oil it screwed up the injection system and the thing ran like same "piece of crap". Argued with the dealer and kept taking it back. Put over 50k miles on it and never ran right. They finally told me they had figured it out, and they were going to have to replace the rings. I told em they could do it for someone else and they needed to give me top dollar in trade for one of their other brands they sold. I will never ever ever buy a high dollar vehicle again. Love my new Silverado!

Never owned a Porsche but my VRSCF is just fine.

More fun pictures of ladies on VRSCF just for fun:

Attachment 11386Attachment 11387Attachment 11388Attachment 11389

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I had a 2012 Cayenne "S". Piece of crap. Bought it new. Used a qt. of oil every 600 miles. Didn't think much about it initially, just thought the German's designed it that way and the rings would seat and would stop. Burned so much oil it screwed up the injection system and the thing ran like same "piece of crap". Argued with the dealer and kept taking it back. Put over 50k miles on it and never ran right. They finally told me they had figured it out, and they were going to have to replace the rings. I told em they could do it for someone else and they needed to give me top dollar in trade for one of their other brands they sold. I will never ever ever buy a high dollar vehicle again. Love my new Silverado!
    My best buddy in Florida had the Cayenne and I think he may have had a similar issue, have to ask him, anyway the whole experience with the dealer and the truck traumatized him so much he drives Prius now, true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Never owned a Porsche but my VRSCF is just fine.

More fun pictures of ladies on VRSCF just for fun:

]
    I bought the first v-rod delivered to the dealer I traded with. Enjoyed it for awhile, I have been dreaming, since that motors introduction, of them upping the displacement and putting it in touring form. I really thought they were going to do that with the 2015 Road glide. And if they ever do offer a fully water cooled, unlike today's system, touring bike, I'll be the first in line

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Fill me in .... what are you trying to say on your post ??????
    I honestly meant the ladies in the photos I reposted from CH Luke, not to upset them to take a test ride, until I looked closer and saw it was the same girl! I just had my eyes checked Thursday. I think that's what he meant too.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    New Hyde Park is the closest thank you, Limoles. I owe you a drink with an umbrella in it and a fruit Kebab by Harrah's poolside.
    Sure - I do accept with or without umbrella . There are more reasons to enjoy pool party . The best one is in time of swimsuit competition . Participants like to be judged , because are no bad scores , ever . Having only one shut of double vodka will make us best jurors around. Let's imagine , if we multiply cocktail's orders .

I bought the first v-rod delivered to the dealer I traded with. Enjoyed it for awhile, I have been dreaming, since that motors introduction, of them upping the displacement and putting it in touring form. I really thought they were going to do that with the 2015 Road glide. And if they ever do offer a fully water cooled, unlike today's system, touring bike, I'll be the first in line
    The displacement was upped from 1130cc to 1250cc, which is the size on my VRSCF. Plenty of power and torque. In fact this would make a great touring powerplant and is fully water cooled.

I think HD didn't put it in a dedicated touring platform as it would detract from sales of their other antiquated touring bikes. I guess in HD world touring riders don't need or want real performance and reliability.

So I made my own. I added stuff HD should have done, such as fairing, bags, different seat and handlebar risers.

Maybe eventually HD will make a water cooled tourer but I think not for a while. In the meantime the VRod is most likely the most reliable bike HD still makes.

The only obstacle I can see with the Revolution is how do you get the displacement you're looking for on a Road Glide in the same space you have a V-Twin now while keeping the tank where it is? I'm not sure where the V-Rod is at but I'll take a stab and say you need 20% more? How do you obtain that without an increase in size of both the engine and the cooling system? There just doesn't seem to be that much room to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Sure - I do accept with or without umbrella . There are more reasons to enjoy pool party . The best one is in time of swimsuit competition . Participants like to be judged , because are no bad scores , ever . Having only one shut of double vodka will make us best jurors around. Let's imagine , if we multiply cocktail's orders .
    Multiplying cocktail orders is what I was born to do, instead of the vodka double bourbon. How do judge anything with blurred vision?