What am I missing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What am I missing?

Tex, I can appreciate that some folks just have to have something when they see it, and normally I have no problem buying bikes. Hell I've probably owned more new bikes in the past 20 years than most folks in a lifetime. Let me put it another way. I owned a first year Vision, was not love at first sight and in fact was like the F6.... took a while for me to warm up to it before I finally took one for a test ride and decided to buy. Put 46k on the odo in two years and purchased something new, simply because I wanted to.
    Maybe that there is the hang up. Normally I'll pick up something new every two years, just because I want a change. This time I'm shopping because I have to. I just want to have some idea of others thoughts about the F6 before I buy. What did they come off of? Does it live up to their expectations? Heck already I learned that the Canadian and Auzzie version has ABS.
    Bottom line is I have never seen a pic of any bike that made me just need to have it. It has to be right and you can't know that by simply walkin into a dealership, you have to ask around. I'll surely discard some things folks have to say because they just won't apply to me, but I've discovered sometimes someone says something that has not been considered previously. For example you said you traded a perfectly good 12 for the F6. Going from a GW to a GW shouldn't take a lot of convincing if the plan was to simply go more sporty and the F6 option is there.
    I appreciate your thoughts, so thanks.

" Going from a GW to a GW shouldn't take a lot of convincing if the plan was to simply go more sporty and the F6 option is there."

There is a BIG difference in the handling, quickness, and comfort between the GL 1800 and the F6B. Although on the same platform, lowering the center of gravity, weight, wind drag along with a more comfortable seat allowing for more legroom makes the two models totally different. I came off a string of ten Harleys before purchasing my first Gold Wing. Prior to that, I rode smaller Hondas, a Kawasaki, BMW, and even a Zundap. When I switched to Wings a few years ago, I was extremely pleased with the quality and reliability. The F6B simply suites my riding style these days. I no longer want to do the cross country jaunts of my past riding years but stay fairly local and ride every day. I have put 5200 miles on this new bike since Febgruary 26, it is just a pure pleasure to ride.

This, and two other forums devoted to the F6B are packed full of useful information from owners that really love this motorcycle. Good luck with your due diligence and making an informed decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tex, Now see that second reply confirmed exactly what I noticed about the F6, lower CG, quicker, and the additional leg room. I also noticed the F6 turns in more abruptly which caught me a little off guard the first test ride. I also noticed 1st gear is about useless unless you want to just putt around the parking lot, and 2nd works fine for takeoffs. Frankly I could probably do away with 1st, & 3rd gear all together and never miss them.
    I still plan to use the F6 for X-country trips if I pick it up but I spend most of my miles riding secondary roads rather than interstate which is why I feel the F6 is a better fit for me versus the GL1800. I'd rather be carving the back roads than chewing up super slab.
    Again thanks for your reply, you have been most helpful.

ps... I rode a bunch of HD's and others myself but the RT spoiled me. I did look at a Vic and HD again but they felt like I was dragging an anchor. So really the F6 or GL have been the only two bikes I've considered. Again thanks.

I'm with TC on this one. If this bike doesn't speak to you then it's the wrong bike for you. There is not a person I know who has ridden an F6B who wasn't blown away by the power delivery, handling and comfort of the bike let alone the styling.
    Listening to your comments after 25 years of running auto dealerships I would say your biggest hang up isn't the bike, it's parting with the money.
    Everything you said you liked about the F6 indicates it is an improvement to your comfort over the BMW. YOu said yourself you can't ride for very long distance without pain. Clearly you like the idea of the F6 and have rad the reviews an heard the comments from us as owners. Heck, you must like the way it looks or you wouldn't even put it on the list. There are too many reasons for you to say yes to the F6 for it to be anything else but the money.
    This is my .02 cents after 25 successful years of managing sales teams and training sales people.
    I could be wrong but I'm betting I'm not. No disrespect intended here. There are lots of times I want something and just can't justify the money as well.

Oh, welcome to the forum as well. Great group of enthusiasts here.

Beagle

You might wanna brush up on your observational sales skills because you missed it by a mile. I retired a LONG time ago at the ripe ole age of 36. MONEY is never an issue. Nope I just don't jump very often without pondering a bit.

I sure don't know why you fellas are so defensive....... This is simple inquiry.

Since you're rich. Buy it. If you don't like it after 2 weeks or 2 years sell it. Pull the trigger. You'll love it.

I bought mine in April. I came off a DL650 ,and put 30,000 on that, so it really took me about a thousand miles to get used to the size of the F6.

Stay away

Yea, I agree, if the F6 didn't speak to you right away, then this bike is NOT for you.
    Don't buy it, save the bike for someone else that will REALLY enjoy it please! You won't like it,
    I can tell, I have super powers and can read your mind. You are wasting your money. I feel it....it's
    another HD in your future....yes....I can see it now........a pink and green one..........with feathers
    on it.....and long leather tassels hanging from the grips.....yes.....there it is.
    Just funnin ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    You might wanna brush up on your observational sales skills because you missed it by a mile. I retired a LONG time ago at the ripe ole age of 36. MONEY is never an issue. Nope I just don't jump very often without pondering a bit.

I sure don't know why you fellas are so defensive....... This is simple inquiry.
    There was no defensive tone to my post, in fact, I wrote no disrespect intended. I could care less how much money you have, when you retired or if you buy an F6B or not. Regardless of how much money people have they don't always like to spend it. The fact that every other bike causes pain and the F6B does not, plus the long list of other things you said you liked about the F6 leaves only one thing left thats holding you back...... THE MONEY!!!!
    My observational skills are dead on!!!! You just refuse to acknowledge the facts.
    Keep riding the BMW and use the money you saved for a new hip!!! Now thats money well spent!!!!

Beagle

Well I bought it so we'll see what all the hype is about, lol.... Thanks for the feedback guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Well I bought it so we'll see what all the hype is about, lol.... Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Teach enjoy your new ride. Keep me updated on the comfort while ridng and if your hip starts to bother you on your rides. As I stated before I have back problems that cause my hips to hurt but so far my F6B has not effected my riding. I can only ride about 500 miles in a day...thats my limit no matter what bike I ride. I believe you will be able to get all the miles you want on the F6B.
    Congrats and enjoy!
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.