Givi trunk - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Givi trunk

Givi trunk

ok Thanks Hiflyer.

I do like the looks of yours a lot better hiflyer, but this one didnt cost me anything, so it'll do for this trip.
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Quote Originally Posted by darcym View Post
    I just put the 52 liter GIVI case on my F6B, using the steel rack from Twisted Throttle. You also have to buy and attach the adapter. Unfortunately, the steel rack does not use the same mounts as the stock Honda rack (which my bike came pre-installed with). So you have to take off the seat, the top and small rear body pieces to remove the stock hardware and reinstall the new hardware for the steel rack (which does match the same holes in the body work - just a different threaded mount). The rack is slightly larger than the stock back rack, and the 52 liter case slips right on and locks down nicely. The case does contact the antenna and bends it slightly aft, but not enough to worry about. I wouldn't get a case that's any larger, though.
    Thanks for the info!

Im not a trunk guy, but it looks good.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Givi Trunk

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    I have an upcoming 5000 mile trip planned and had been worried about how to pack that much gear. Then remembered I had an old Givi Monokey top box out in the barn that was on a Pacific Coast I had years ago. Apparently Honda hasnt changed its red color in 20 years either, I think it matches pretty good. Anyway, I had to drill 2 new holes in the givi mount to match the holes that the backrest mounts to and viola.. Detachable trunk. I have to pretty up the bolts a bit but you get the general idea. Anyway, the wife will be happy that it only cost me 4 new longer bolts. And when I get back from the trip, it all comes back off with 4 bolts and backrest back on.Attachment 6939Attachment 6940Attachment 6941Attachment 6942Attachment 6943
    What Liter trunk is that ?

Quote Originally Posted by tulku36 View Post
    What Liter trunk is that ?
    Not really sure, It came on a bike I had several years ago. I didnt buy it. I'll go look and see if its marked somewhere
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

It appears to be like this 52lt one. http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products...ack-w-l-detail
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Quote Originally Posted by darcym View Post
    I just put the 52 liter GIVI case on my F6B, using the steel rack from Twisted Throttle. You also have to buy and attach the adapter. Unfortunately, the steel rack does not use the same mounts as the stock Honda rack (which my bike came pre-installed with). So you have to take off the seat, the top and small rear body pieces to remove the stock hardware and reinstall the new hardware for the steel rack (which does match the same holes in the body work - just a different threaded mount). The rack is slightly larger than the stock back rack, and the 52 liter case slips right on and locks down nicely. The case does contact the antenna and bends it slightly aft, but not enough to worry about. I wouldn't get a case that's any larger, though.
    I almost bought the twisted throttle rack until I located my Givi rack that went with it. For anyone looking to buy one, the Givi rack is only $60 as opposed to the twisted throttle one @ $150. http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products...y-plate-detail Plus the Givi mount allows you to use the built in brake lights on the Givi monokey box.
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    I almost bought the twisted throttle rack until I located my Givi rack that went with it. For anyone looking to buy one, the Givi rack is only $60 as opposed to the twisted throttle one @ $150. http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products...y-plate-detail Plus the Givi mount allows you to use the built in brake lights on the Givi monokey box.
    This top plate kit is designed to be combined with the GIVI …F series Monoracks. When combined this kit will enable the model specific mounting
    solution of the GIVI MONOKEY series cases.
    It could probably be adapted to other racks, but I wasn't willing to risk it. The twisted throttle kit is just the locking nut pieces added onto the steel rack. It doesn't mean you couldn't add the brake light kit on later, either.
    2013 Honda F6B custom orange
    2009 Kawasaki Versys aka "Dr Doom"
    2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Stormtrooper"
    2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 "Yoda"

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    It's a 2014 Harley chopped tour pack. Takes less than a couple of minutes to take off or put on. I have it off after mounting my new seat, I'm going to put it back on in the next day or two, I'll send you some pics via private message when I do it.
    I like your set up it looks amazing how do you mount it to the bike