Good place for a magnetic key holder? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good place for a magnetic key holder?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I ZIP tie a key on all of my vehicles .... use the eyelet of the key, tie it to the same area on all of your vehicles and you'll always know where a spare key is located.

It's very EASY to remove the key ... Just twist the key multiple times until the plastic zip tie snaps, I've done it and it works. No need for a knife or scissor. Return key to secret location with a new Zip Tie.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I ZIP tie a key on all of my vehicles .... use the eyelet of the key, tie it to the same area on all of your vehicles and you'll always know where a spare key is located.

It's very EASY to remove the key ... Just twist the key multiple times until the plastic zip tie snaps, I've done it and it works. No need for a knife or scissor. Return key to secret location with a new Zip Tie.
    Hell, that's so easy even shooter could d...er...ah...hum...well maybe not.
    Twisting requires manual dexterity or in other words the ability to make coordinated hand and finger movements to grasp and manipulate objects and while shooter's mechanical abilitys are legendary in his own mind they are in no way proof he has the manual dexterity required to twist a key to get a zip tie apart.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by okf6b View Post
    Wouldn't you need to open a saddlebag to remove the side cover? Unless you have a cubby key for your saddlebags, you'd be out of luck.
    I am in reference to the engine cover and not the side cover....Perfect area !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Hidden Key

Attachment 17537

I had a new key copied for $4 - it will not start the bike but will open the saddle bags, gas tank and cubby. I sawed the top off of it, painted it flat black, and now leave it in the bike with the saddles bags permanently in the open position. I got tired of having to unlock them everytime and continually leaving my keys just hanging there. Now I can hide a real key in the gas cap or cubby and just pull this one out to quickly get at it. Needless to say, you don't need to leave the key in your bike. You can put the copy in your wallet.

The problem I see is that I find an excellent place to hide it, but then a year down the road I forget where that spot was! Heck with a year tomorrow I'd forget I had a Spare!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    The problem I see is that I find an excellent place to hide it, but then a year down the road I forget where that spot was! Heck with a year, tomorrow I'd forget I had a Spare!
    I resemble the remark.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I resemble the remark.
    You're gonna resemble a lot worse if you don't quit trash talking. I've got friends in low places...............sorry Larry , that just came out. I remembered why the call you Big Larry. Sorry man.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    You're gonna resemble a lot worse if you don't quit trash talking. I've got friends in low places...............sorry Larry , that just came out. I remembered why the call you Big Larry. Sorry man.

shooter

Memories.....that looks like the boot my dad stuck in my rear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver