Things that I would like to do. Need ur help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that I would like to do. Need ur help

Things that I would like to do. Need ur help

I'm a short rider. I ordered Progressive 1 1/4" lower front forks but I'll return them. I've a feeling that ride quality will not be plush or superior. So now planning on getting 1" lowering kit from Lower my wing. The next addition would be Traxxion fork spring kit ($129) and Traxxion rear suspension ($550). I do have Mustang seat but will be replaced by Ultimate seat. Now question I have is does Ultimate sit you 1" higher or is it same height as original seat ? If it sits you 1" higher then getting Ultimate is useless. If it doesn't then that wud be gr8 addition for me. Thanks

Which Ultimate are you wanting? I think the "Mid rider" maintains stock height while the "King rider"(or whatever they call the one for large guys)will sit you 1" higher and 1" further back. I think the Mid rider also brings you a bit closer to the bars.

I believe ultimate has a great return policy if it doesn't work out for you.

Check out "Mean City Cycles". They have done a few for me. They will take your stock seat and custom fit it for you and it won't cost you one of those short legs. (sorry-can't help myself)

Just my $.02 but I would do the Progressive ... the links WILL give you a rough ride and adding springs, not matter who makes them will not lower the bike...go ease...seat from Mustang first and then progress... a little $$$ at a time.

I have the Progressives and am very happy w/ the ride..it is firm but softer as well, no jarring bumps and 1 1/4" lower !!!

I would not do anything to the back until you were thru with the front and put some miles on.....

Negative Ghost Rider on the Ultimate ....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I believe ultimate has a great return policy if it doesn't work out for you.

Great company !!!!! 14 days to return...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Check out "Mean City Cycles". They have done a few for me. They will take your stock seat and custom fit it for you and it won't cost you one of those short legs. (sorry-can't help myself)
    I was told by " my guy" that there was not enough padding in the stock seat to lower the seat....

Seat Pan Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I was told by " my guy" that there was not enough padding in the stock seat to lower the seat....
    Taking a close look at the Seat Pan and the area where it mounts, it seems that some crafty individual may be able to section and then lower the rider portion of the pan. A spare OEM seat would make a good candidate to mod and there should be some available from members who've replaced their original seats. Some additional room could be made by relocating the relay box to the left saddle bag. Using a piece of rigid styro-foam one could place it over the frame where the seat mounts and press it in place for a template. Just some food for thought for the "vertical challenged". Nothing ventured, nothing gained

A peek at what you have to work with

DSC_0005.jpgAttachment 9954Attachment 9955[ATTACH=CONFIG][ATTACH=CONFIG]9959

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Just my $.02 but I would do the Progressive ... the links WILL give you a rough ride and adding springs, not matter who makes them will not lower the bike...go ease...seat from Mustang first and then progress... a little $$$ at a time.

I have the Progressives and am very happy w/ the ride..it is firm but softer as well, no jarring bumps and 1 1/4" lower !!!

I would not do anything to the back until you were thru with the front and put some miles on.....

Negative Ghost Rider on the Ultimate ....
    Plz forgive my ignorance but ru telling me that using lowering link from lower my wing will only lower the rear end and not the whole bike ? If thats the case I already have the lower progressive fork and will use that then. Now will the Traxxion springs work with Lower progressive forks ?

I hope traxxion rear suspension does not raise the bike. I did not want this thread about seat but more about lowering the bike and suspension upgrade. I'm sure I'll get the ultimate but just wanted to know if Ultimate seat was same as original seat or made you sit higher. I'm more concerned about lowering my bike and upgrading my suspeniosn to Traxxion. I know the whole front Traxxion suspension kit cost around $ 1200 and rear $550. I was wondering if I can use front Lower progressive link with Traxxion spring which is $129 ?

+ 1 on mean city

both my wife and I have had mean city do some work. There is enough padding to lower her 1.5" and bring her forward 2". I ride her bike all the time, and have no issues. Before spending all that cash on the high end seat, it's worth you going to mean city and dropping so much less.
    BTW, im a little over 200 lbs.