Ta Daaaaa, all back together - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ta Daaaaa, all back together

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    This is sexy as hell, do mind sharing the price so I can ...ummm...plan for the future
    You are going to find prices all over the board. All seemed to be $1500 to $2000, including my paint choice. Which was $500 in materials alone. The Russellville or Shoerder paint jobs at 2k with a few goodies seems like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Looks amazing! The black pipes look great too.

What did you spray on the valve cover chrome?
    I'm very happy with the Rush Exhaust. Should be putting on the slash cut tips this week. I even blacked out the chrome header covers up front. Seems like the get missed on a lot of bikes.

I used a black chrome paint on the F6B badges, the pivot arm covers and the valve cover strips. I am going to start working on all of the fasteners this week. The Honda badges did not find their way back on e bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the blacked out chrome and it looks like something I could do without messing it up.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

That's a pair of beautiful orange bikes.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikrok View Post
    I'm very happy with the Rush Exhaust. Should be putting on the slash cut tips this week. I even blacked out the chrome header covers up front. Seems like the get missed on a lot of bikes.

I used a black chrome paint on the F6B badges, the pivot arm covers and the valve cover strips. I am going to start working on all of the fasteners this week. The Honda badges did not find their way back on e bike.
    I wonder if the stock pipes could be painted with that stuff or if I need high temp paint.

Nice! When winter comes on we may see quite a bit disassembly and color change using high grade paint products. If I can find the time and patience it will likely be on my list. Any pointers for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphian View Post
    I like the blacked out chrome and it looks like something I could do without messing it up.
    The black chrome would be great on any of the stock and custom colors. Now we just need a provider that offers exchange parts so you can make the change without missing much ride time.

Quote Originally Posted by RT59 View Post
    Nice! When winter comes on we may see quite a bit disassembly and color change using high grade paint products. If I can find the time and patience it will likely be on my list. Any pointers for us?
    Pictures, pictures, pictures. I took pics of every part after I removed it. Many have clips, screws, grommets, bumpers and other goodies on them. They all need to be removed before painting. And it's nice to know where they all go a few weeks later when you get your parts back. And buy the factory service manual. There is a certain succession that the parts are removed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikrok View Post
    You are going to find prices all over the board. All seemed to be $1500 to $2000, including my paint choice. Which was $500 in materials alone. The Russellville or Shoerder paint jobs at 2k with a few goodies seems like a good deal.
    Thanks for all the info Rikrok, those are 2 sexy bikes, good stuff! I think I've decided on candy cobalt blue, or a variation of it. I was sort of expecting to be in the 3 grand range, now I know what I'm up against. Time to save my pennies......