Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install - Page 15
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Cobra drone

Had my bike 4 days now with the dealer installed Cobras...Love them except for a somewhat nauseas drone at 60-75mph...Anyone else experience this or is it normal??

A Little chrome goes a long way

Quote Originally Posted by dgman2 View Post
    Thank you very much for your posts, pics, and video; Very nice job. The pipes sound very nice. They are a great improvement over stock for sure. I can't wait to hear them in person with and without baffles installed. Sounds like they might be every bit as badass as the valkyrie with the 6 into 6 pipes without baffles. It seems like this might be a somewhat deeper sound. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the black ones
    The new Cobras do sound awesome w/o baffles and look great in chrome on an otherwise all black bike. I look forward to seeing the black version too but the chrome ones get a lot of attention and once you remove the baffles are probably lighter than stock...now what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
    favorite new bike?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Had my bike 4 days now with the dealer installed Cobras...Love them except for a somewhat nauseas drone at 60-75mph...Anyone else experience this or is it normal??
    After reading some of the posts in this same thread, I'd say "yes' and 'somewhat normal for these pipes" (I'm running OEM)

Ear plugs!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    The Cobras are definitely louder at all speeds w/o the baffles so I just wear ear plugs, which is a good idea in general. I also swapped out my windscreen for the super small opaque one so there is more wind noise around the helmet which the ear plugs also cut significantly.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
    favorite new bike?
    I'd save 'em for several reasons. Nothing in life is permanent, including what you think sounds good or how loud you feel something should be.

Some sell the OEM tips to Wing riders.

Actually read this just a few minutes ago on another forum: I have a 2012 Gold Wing. Would like to buy a set of tips from a F6. 256.820.3348

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    The Cobras are definitely louder at all speeds w/o the baffles so I just wear ear plugs, which is a good idea in general. I also swapped out my windscreen for the super small opaque one so there is more wind noise around the helmet which the ear plugs also cut significantly.
    Try wearing a different helmet and see if noise changes...it doesn't make sense to me but mine is quieter with a cheap half helmet than a new Arai XC 3/4 helmet. Maybe has something to do with reduced wind noise with better helmet, so louder exhaust sound???

mine are on 238 miles today awesome!

Corbra noise drone

I think the answer is partially due to the type of helmet for whatever reason as stated above...I have a 3/4 HJC with face shield and if I pull up the face shield the drone seems to be less noticeable..It may also have something to do with the Baggershield being taller than stock or ??..I love the pipes so hopefully I can find a workable solution....Thanks

Just checked on my order for the 6-to-6 with Wingstuff. They won't have anymore until sometime in November. Anyone know of another vendor who have them in stock and ready to ship?
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a 1/2 helmet and a Goldwing plus 4 windshield I cut down to 18 inches, i have no problem at all !