More new Goldwing and F6B pics - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: More new Goldwing and F6B pics

I'm hoping the F6B version has limited bells and whistles. Don't need no stinkin' reverse or ABS, or even cruise. Less crap to go bad, or get in my way when wrenching.

Someone had rumored that the bags would be smaller. Smaller bags would look sportier. And I can load a bunch on the back seat and luggage rack when on a trip.

I do hope it has a bunch more horsies. If it does, I'll probably be shopping.

JimmyTee, you're going to have to do some real work on that stereo. Someone pointed out how small the speakers are. Hmmmm .....
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

JimmyTee, you're going to have to do some real work on that stereo. Someone pointed out how small the speakers are. Hmmmm .....
    It's really hard to tell from the pictures. I would've hoped that Honda would have taken a clue from the other manufacturers and done something better with the sound besides the electronics. We'll see. I am not getting rid of my B even if I were to get a new Wing. I'd probably lean towards a full Wing though as it would make more sense than 2 F6Bs.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I'm hoping the F6B version has limited bells and whistles. Don't need no stinkin' reverse or ABS, or even cruise. Less crap to go bad, or get in my way when wrenching.

Someone had rumored that the bags would be smaller. Smaller bags would look sportier. And I can load a bunch on the back seat and luggage rack when on a trip.

I do hope it has a bunch more horsies. If it does, I'll probably be shopping.

I hope it has all the bells and whistles. I bought the current F6B because I ride solo and didn't want the throne and trunk on the full Goldwing. However, I want all of the other gadgets. The more the better.

I'm kind of in 98valk's camp. I want basics I can wrench on and more horse power. I do hope the shape of the faring for the F6B don't change in the knee area as that is one reason I never got a full wing as they are to cramped for me.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cosmetic similarities of the alleged new wing to the gl1100's. The lines around the side of the fairing and bags look real similar to the 1100's. The new design has a retro feel to it. Or maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerkiller View Post
    As long as it still keeps the rider relatively dry while riding in the rain.

More power is always welcome.

Better brakes would be nice. A 6th gear would be really nice.

Looks pretty cool. Would like to see one in person.

+1 on the 6th gear!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDuck View Post
    Yamahonda? Looks like they had some "blue" designers working on that one.
    The side cases look like they were pulled off an FJR.

...I don't see any crash protection for the engine or side cases. Should be stock for these kinds of bikes, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    ...I don't see any crash protection for the engine or side cases. Should be stock for these kinds of bikes, seriously.
    If you look close and at the naked pic featuring the front end , You will see the crash protection. Just not as obvious as the current models.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    If you look close and at the naked pic featuring the front end , You will see the crash protection. Just not as obvious as the current models.
    Not so sure about that. I see nothing for the side cases/exhaust at all, and the apparent crash protection for the engine looks more like mounting points, and it would be covered by plastic, and engine parts appear further out than the end of the bars.