Just a warning - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a warning

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    ......There were warning signs posted both sides of Waldo on RTE 301 warning all of the tactics. Unfortunately the ever changing speed reduction through that small town took many by surprise and they paid. According to some, once the officer had you stopped he would do a quick vehicle inspection of lights etc. and tack those infractions onto the ticket. Finally the outrage by the public caught up with Waldo and shut them down because of "Ticket Quotas" by their officers.
    Yep....I was about to purchase a house at Spruce Creek once upon a time. Nearly at the very last moment I saw these sort of shenanigans out of several FL municipalities. Backed out of the house..and am happily living where I don't have to even drive through Florida.

No doubt, I am not the only one who refuses to play those games.

...sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Professional Speeder

"Ride It Like You Stole It!"

You have to admit it - nobody gets tickets when they are consciously speeding. It only happens when you are day dreaming. "Where did he come from!" If you're out there "getting busy" and you have your Spidey Scenses turned on high we never get stopped. You just have to know they are trying to catch you riding dirty. The fact is: I'm rolling - they're patrolling! I live in Pennsyltuckie PA where the Smokie Bears hide around every bend, with twigs and branches thrown over their cars, waiting in ambush. Out here we have toll roads and when you get caught speeding = you pay the toll. I've got three "wicked fast" bikes and drive a Dodge Challenger with a Hemi. When I do get "pulled" - my first response is: "Officer, am I pulled over far enough that you feel safe?" That starts the conversation off in a good tone. I never admit to speeding and we usually discuss manly stuff about how bada$$ my rides are. I can boldly state that I hold the all time record for "warnings." Something everybody I know Hates because we live in an age when the police are now forced to earn their own keep by soliciting fines. It's a war out there. Prepare to battle. The Mine Fields are Speed Traps watch for them. When the speed limit goes from 55 to 45 to 35 to 25, in a quarter mile, you can be guaranteed there will be a trap waiting for you behind the bend. And if you don't know to hit your brakes when you see brake lights in front of you = you deserve a ticket.

Every time I go out riding my mind set is; the cagers are going to try and kill me today and the cops are going to try and arrest me. FYI = I'm probably the guy that blew by you right before the last cop pulled you over and made you cuss at yourself.

I will end it there and let the haters "Flame On!"

Better watch out for the evil twin sister state of North Carolina:

http://www.livetrucking.com/this-sta...e-speed-limit/

and more:

http://myfox8.com/2016/03/23/speedin...-posted-limit/

The governor's highway safety program is ramping up what's being called "Obey the Sign or Pay the Fine" speeding enforcement crackdown.

Apparently, there's a belief out there that if the speed limit is 65, officers or troopers won't pull you over if you're doing 1 to 9 miles per hour over the limit - a so-called buffer zone.

The DOT says that's not the case. Law enforcement says beginning Thursday, they'll target and ticket anyone driving above the posted speed limit.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Yep....I was about to purchase a house at Spruce Creek once upon a time. Nearly at the very last moment I saw these sort of shenanigans out of several FL municipalities. Backed out of the house..and am happily living where I don't have to even drive through Florida.

No doubt, I am not the only one who refuses to play those games.

...sT

So, you did not buy a house in FLA because you would/might get a speeding ticket??? Did you ever think if you were not speeding you would not get one? I get a kick out of folks who think the PoPo is out lurking for them! Yes, there are towns that have nothing else to do and it seems as though that is all they do. For example Lake Mary, FL. A very wealthy town with nothing else to do as there is not crime to speak of except speeding. Do I think it tarnishes the towns reputation, absolutely ! Are they going to change, probably not. Not sure about most, but for me if I get one ticket, I got away with a thousand !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Will, I don't know how they can legally do that! First their unites, I've been told by my attorney, can be up to 10% off in their accuracy. And even then they have to be checked and calibrated every month to be legal.
    The attorney offered to go down and fight the ticket and he's pretty sure he could win. The only problem is it would cost me a lot more then the $81 ticket.
    Knowing this cost, don't you think that isn't part of the plan and why they lurk out at the bottom of a hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Will, I don't know how they can legally do that! First their unites, I've been told by my attorney, can be up to 10% off in their accuracy. And even then they have to be checked and calibrated every month to be legal.
    The attorney offered to go down and fight the ticket and he's pretty sure he could win. The only problem is it would cost me a lot more then the $81 ticket.
    Knowing this cost, don't you think that isn't part of the plan and why they lurk out at the bottom of a hill.
    Bob, they are probably counting on the fact that most "out of state" offenders will not return to fight the ticket. They will just pay and move on; forget about it...

It's nothing but a pure revenue stream for them... and also it seems that they have lost their sense of "southern hospitality".

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

All I can say is you got off cheap. Seems any moving violation here in SoCal starts at $431.00 and goes up.