Going on a Trip! See ya down the Road.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going on a Trip! See ya down the Road....

Great trip! I'm only 70 miles NW of Minneapolis. Let me know when you're nearing the area...breakfast, lunch or supper is on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    I recognize that trip. It was computer generated to take the most efficient route and cover every state in the lower 48.
    How much time do you plan on taking for such a trip?
    Most efficient 48 state trip is about 8600 miles.. Check out the IBA they have a 48 state in 10 day ride.

Islander1089 I like your plan....next year I turn 62 and plan on doing the same thing....! Thats the way to live...!

Enjoy the ride and don't forget to avoid the rush hour!

Should be a great trip but of course you do realize that your dollar is worth 25% more if you cross the border and visit Canada.

Beagle

Hey motoman, have a great journey. All the best my friend. Are you starting out East or South?

What would be cool if you are so inclined, would be to start a journal thread of your trip and post often to keep us updated.

Same

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post

Same map I seen on the Valkyrie board a day or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    You're right, but I've been there before... 5 hrs from Miami? Kind of a big one-way detour...
    Nothing on a trip like this could be considered a "big one-way detour." I'm jealous!
    One thing you will experience on the short jaunt from Toledo to Detroit is that once you cross into Michigan, the roads change drastically, and you will have to pay close attention to your fork seals, Michigan roads are the worst in the country, then once you near Detroit you won't know if your on a freeway or a gravel road. There is about a 4-mile stretch that was done two years ago, enjoy that section!
    Too bad you couldn't experience the real Michigan, that's the Upper Peninsula.